- Information Technology
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson Business Services (DBS) provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of operating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This new role will be responsible for
Our Workplace Technology Services (WTS) Team exists to:
- Deliver world class employee experience of delivery of IT Service Desk, collaboration, and end user compute services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Drive continual improvement into the WTS processes and operations in line with Dyson’s growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the employee and business stakeholders, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
- Work with project teams to help ensure new WTS and capabilities are successfully introduced to add value for the business and user community
- Deliver service for workplace technology operations that ensure simple and effective solutions for end users
Reporting directly to the WTS Director, you are a strong and proactive leader with experience of driving the best care for Our Chief Executive Officer and the Dyson Family at the highest level.
This role delivers global support to our CEO and Dyson Family, ensures the Workplace Technology Services experience is of the highest quality, you will constantly be innovating on how to pre-empt issues and resolve before impacting the leaders.
This role will need you to be on top of your game to second-guess technical issues when our CEO and Dyson Family are resident in their office locations as well as when they are travelling globally. You will lead a team of technical engineers around the world who will deliver the same experience of service irrespective of location.
This role is high profile within the Dyson organization and requires a high attention to detail and strong leadership, coordination skills and exceptionally strong relationship management is a must as this role engages with the most senior executives in the organization.
The objective of the role is to be responsible for the overall WTS CEO and Dyson Family support and satisfaction levels, with a core focus on driving improvement in delivery quality and effectiveness, addressing feedback and needs. To deliver this objective, the key responsibilities include:
- Be the architect of a vision for delivering excellence in customer experience and how that can be delivered to our CEO and Dyson Family. Have a customer-first service driven mindset. Create a culture of exemplary service for our customers. This includes the quality, timeliness and frequency of communication and should be measured through the lens of the customer, to ensure that perception aligns with reality
- Understanding the experience and needs of our CEO and Dyson Family, ensuring service delivery is aligned with business needs, prioritising desired and agreed stakeholders’ requirements.
- Understand key challenges and goals of each of the main business areas and the role WTS plays in supporting our CEO and Dyson Family to meet these goals.
- Be the Owner of the Executive Support Service, own and drive urgent prioritisation requests and then ensuring these projects, requests and incidents are proactively and successfully executed by the teams responsible. This role should be regarded by Dyson leadership as being someone who is a chief “fixer and enabler”. This means ensuring the efficient and proactive coordination of issues, removal of barriers, escalating appropriately, holding others to account, and where necessary, acting as liaison between all Dyson functions.
- Proactively understand and assess workplace technology service support needed for key events, communications and other critical initiatives.
- Act as the voice of the customer back in to WTS and DBS, being a disruptor and instigator of change, examining and challenging current ways of working, understanding and aligning the WTS service with business needs and driving adoption of WTS change in the business. This requires collaboration with Digital Workplace Solutions to suggest and deliver innovations that will improve experience of end users. This requires working closely with the user communities and teams from the business to develop and deliver short, medium, and long-term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of workplace technology services and following up through to completion.
- Supporting CEO and Dyson Family through periods of technology change. This involves working with Dyson IT Project teams (both within DBS and IT overall), who are introducing new workplace technology services and capabilities, to ensure that business requirements and change impacts have been fully considered throughout the project. This includes user aspects such as useability, reliability, performance and ensuring that business change, communication, user adoption and effective early life support is not forgotten in the process and that this work is done from project onset, not just when the capability is introduced.
- Be data-insight driven in assessing and improving the service. Use and leverage other available quantitative and qualitative data sources to help identify initiatives and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify and review key risks impacting CEO and Dyson Family and proactively ensure they are being managed and resolved effectively by relevant IT teams and ensure that technical team are managing this effectively within their region. Hold the service teams to account for successful risk and issue mitigation.
- Run a regular cadence of service review meetings with your team and involving other parts of WTS
- Be continually aware of service performance including real-time service status - key risks, issues, service challenges, changes and KPI performance. Be ready to act on issues and take remedial action. Be a point of contact for key stakeholders, business leads etc to discuss current WTS status.
- Develop and implement training and quality assurance programs for WTS employees to drive the expected level of engagement and customer care
- Manage a small team to effectively deliver WTS customer care, including people career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
Person specification / Core Competencies
- A person with genuine passion for exceptional customer service. Demonstrated strength in managing or working with customer support organisations and operations.
- Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with executive stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of workplace service technologies, IT service management and IT operations
- Be a service owner and evangelist – always on top of service status and challenges, proactively leading the service. Always challenging yourself and WTS team members on improving the service to end customers.
- Confident leadership and a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with using data to drive decision making and change behaviours
- Skilled problem solver.
- Change Management experience
- Project Management experience
- Exceptional senior stakeholder management skills, including ability to negotiate, influence decision making, inform about risks, challenges and deliver good news stories.
- Experience of managing a top level stakeholders in varying geographies. Ability to influence to gain alignment, agreement and commitments
- Over 10 years relevant experience improving Customer Experience
- Solves highly complex, politically sensitive problems across teams
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Advantage if the person has previously worked in Digital Workplace Solutions for a global company or has managed CEO / Founder / Executives from large MNC’s or VIP Concierge for high class hotels.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.