- Germany - Cologne Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
About the role
As Head of Finance DACH you will lead the DACH cluster’s finance team, based in Cologne. This team is responsible for the finance operations of the DACH markets and plays an essential role in steering the cluster’s financial performance.
In this role, you will have your finger on the pulse of our KPIs, delivering timely performance information and providing insightful analyses. As a key business partner to all functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, HR), you will drive both commercial actions and process improvement initiatives and support your stakeholders in reaching their business objectives.
In addition to your cluster responsibilities, you will lead key transformation projects in the EMEA region and be an integral member of regional collaboration groups, to identify and share best practice. The role has significant exposure to senior leadership teams and is a perfect stepping-stone to later take on a larger financial leadership position in the business.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Steering financial performance
- Play a leading role in the commercial planning process across the DACH markets
- Oversee the development of budgets and forecasts, ensuring they are based on sound assumptions
- Provide transparency on monthly profit expectations and clarity on reasons for deviations to forecasts
- Identify and implement timely actions to steer business performance in close coordination with other departments
- Provide insightful financial reporting and benchmarking analysis and derive business improvement initiatives
- Challenge and support the sales and category teams in making optimal financial decisions and driving profitable growth
Processes and compliance
- Collaborate with other teams to continuously improve business processes
- Work closely with our accounting shared-service centre to deliver month-end and year-end procedures in compliance with accounting policies
- Ensure financial control systems and discipline is in place for all positions in the P&L and the Balance Sheet
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors to support various audit processes, ensuring the timely implementation of any audit recommendations
- Lead regional projects, ranging from commercial initiatives to process improvement measures
- Foster strong relationships with other clusters, contributing to regional collaboration groups and best-practise sharing
- Proactively develop the financial literacy of the broader organisation
- Lead and develop a team of 8 individuals, who are responsible for controlling the full P&L across the DACH markets
- Foster the business partnering mindset within the team through forming and maintaining strong connections to all departments
- Define and implement personal development plans with each team member, to support your team’s personal goals and career development
Deputise for the Finance Director DACH
- Represent the finance function during absences of the Finance Director DACH
- Present findings, results and actions to leadership teams across DACH and EMEA
- Min 8 years experience of working in a high performing matrix organisation.
- Commercial Finance experience
- People management experience
- Evidence of budget control and can demonstrate financial expertise
- Working knowledge of the retail industry, either with an electrical manufacturer or other
- University Degree
- Strategic planning capability
- Methodical business planning capability
- Influencing skills
- High level of communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Strong team player - capable of building and motivating teams
- Decisive and excellent influencer
- Self-starter who sees things to completion
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
- Results driven
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Jobrad (Bicycle leasing)
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Agile working
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Relaxed dress code
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.