- Calamba - Philippines
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially.
- Lead discussion on business strategy and develop this into an executional plan for the site
- Drive discussions and implementation of expansion and growth plans for the site
- Establish the overall control environment in the Philippines
- Identify performance gaps within the operations and lead in the closure of these gaps
- Ensure that the financial controls framework is robust and that the financial accounting processes and reporting are in compliance with local and international accounting standards
- Ensure the timely delivery of financial and management reporting which are produced to the highest standards
- Ensure tax & transfer pricing compliance
- Drive multi stakeholder finance and systems change programmes
- Drive continuous significant process improvements throughout finance
- Deliver accurate cash flow forecasting and overhead and capital expenditure control to budget
- Lead interactions with external organisations - banks, auditors and government organisations
- Oversee the legal and PEZA compliance framework for Philippines
- Qualified accountant with at least 15 years of experience with a solid background in accounting and finance
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferable
- Strong educational background and academic track record, demonstrating the intellectual bandwidth to grasp and manage complex issues
- Analytical and problem solving mindset to tackle daily operations issues from multiple angles
- Proven track record of delivering change
- Inherent ability to plan and deliver systematic improvements to financial and business processes
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the interpretation and presentation of financial information to non-finance people
- Project management skills
- Team leadership – skilled at goal setting, engaging, creating commitment and driving performance, developing people and building talent
- Engages and leads others with ease. Creates a sense of direction and commitment. Has an engaging, energetic and positive approach to lead, motivate and inspire.
- ighly developed communication and influencing skills, with the ability to report and interact effectively at the operations as well as at executive/board level
- Familiar with the complexities and subtleties of working and managing across business borders and with distant reporting lines; proven experience of engaging and influencing in matrix and cross-cultural situations.
- Strong team player and naturally collaborative in approach to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with senior leaders throughout the Dyson business.
- High integrity and professionalism. Calm, logical and at ease. Grounded and resilient.
- At ease with ambiguity with the ability to quickly analyse and simplify complex issues and seek out simple but effective ways of getting things done
- A change agent, with a sense of urgency, who will challenge the status quo and avoid bureaucracy. Will drive ideas through to implementation in a decisive and determined manner
- Self-confident and immediately credible. Communicates, negotiates and persuades internal and external stakeholders effectively. Has the personal impact and authority required.
- Organizationally savvy, with the high levels of perception, self-awareness and emotional intelligence required to drive and influence change.