- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
The Group Finance team provides Dyson with overall financial planning, reporting & analysis capabilities, owns the systems that support these activities across the Dyson Group and provides finance business partnering to Group Functions like Global IT and Estates. The team acts as a business partner to Dyson’s executive leadership, enabling them to plan and take action to support Dyson’s Double Dyson 2025 strategic target.
The Financial Planning and Analysis team supports the Executive team with insightful analysis and reporting to enable strategic decision making across markets, categories, and channels. Within the wider finance community, the FP&A team delivers the analysis of the financial performance across the group, liaising directly with global markets and Group Finance to provide support to the Dyson Executive team.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
As our Head of FP&A, you will own the delivery of accurate, timely and insightful performance analysis of Dyson’s month end financials and budgeting/forecasting, to the CFO and the wider Exec. You will be instrumental in putting together the global picture and implementing best practice, working closely with stakeholders across multiple global teams to understand the context behind the numbers and embed consistent reporting and process.
You will lead on the annual budget setting and quarterly forecasting processes, including setting targets, budgeting, communicating assumptions, coordinating, challenging, and providing submissions. You will drive opportunity to integrate, standardise and simplify systems and processes, leading the Group FP&A agenda, including definition and analysis of key KPIs.
You will prioritise and support the delivery of the Group Finance digital reporting roadmap, working with key stakeholders to understand requirements, delivering best in class analysis, data and tools to the Exec and the wider business. You will also provide ad hoc analysis and reporting, providing influence cross functionally to ensure that analysis delivers action.
You will provide management to a global team of five, coaching, team building and managing performance, driving synergies to deliver integrated and holistic performance management information.
- A qualified accountant with at least 7 years PQE outside of practice, with previous experience leading teams
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, plus experience with OneStream would be beneficial
- Experienced at interpreting and communicating data to senior stakeholders, highly commercial providing good performance reporting, with a passion for good data visualisation and presentations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with ability to influence and interpret financial information to provide insight, able to interact confidently with very senior stakeholders across multiple functions and time-zones
- An aptitude and appetite to develop systems and processes to drive efficiencies and insight to the business
- High attention to detail, highly accurate, a self-starter, flexible, comfortable with change, able to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.