- Repair Services
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
About the Role
The Head of Global Repair will be responsible for the planning, strategy and governance of the repair capability at the Global level. You will have ownership for the management of our current repair activities, encompassing people, process, systems for our 3rd party and in-house solutions. You will be required to develop and implement a strategy that delivers speed, service at an effective cost solution and transform the operations from cost centre to profit centre which supports the rapid growth of Dyson’s product portfolio as well as rapid growth of certain geographical areas.
You will be required to build strong and effective relationships across all markets served. With a guiding principle being owner centric, you will be required to develop a comprehensive understanding of current and future requirements in order-to deliver market defining experiences in an efficient and scalable environment. Building close partnerships and communication protocols with our regional customer service teams will be a vital success factor.
Reporting directly to the Global Aftersales Director, you will be required to work autonomously and in collaboration within a multiple stakeholder environment.
- Drive strategy, planning and governance of the repair of Dyson products from an end-to-end process to ensure high quality services that exceed customer satisfaction yet fulfill the cost optimization objectives
- Define the operating model for Aftersales support solutions – including network strategy, repair formats, in-house or outsourced operations to transformation of financial status from cost to profit centres
- Develop and implement an innovation roadmap that drives Dyson service environments toward profitability, developing a suite of aftersales services to support owners who are at different stages of the product lifecycle and working with the regions and markets to ensure effective execution
- Ensure key engagement with multiple stakeholders to support Dyson’s Owner experience at all touch points of the repair process. Establishing partnerships with the region and market customer service functions
- Ensure Dyson is at the forefront of best in market technology and infrastructure solutions, developing and bringing to Dyson the requisite partnership providers
- Participate in shaping the long term service strategy proposals to ensure that we continually assess whether our approach is fit for purpose against the technology roadmap. To achieve this, you will need to be attuned to developments in technologies which may influence customers views and expectations of the service support of products
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of service solutions & implement improvement
- plans alongside local service management to drive improvement in organisation and customer KPIs
- Consolidate cross-functional online delivery systems in a customer focused and commercially driven environment
- Full cost and performance responsibility for repair and refurb functions as well as all selected internal and external providers
- Represent the Aftersales department and participate in relevant global/regional leadership meeting on Repair topics
- Manage third party provider selection, contractual terms and establish effective and collaborative service partner and contract manufacturer relationships
- Drive adherence to all product, quality, legal, and health and safety compliance within all scope of repair and refurbishment activities
- Engage with Dyson retailers to drive the standard of owner experience regardless of provider
- At least 10 years’ experience in service and repair operations environment ideally with regional exposure
- Strong commercial and operational orientation with cross functional team management experience
- Proven management experience of in-house managed solutions and third-party providers within a regional environment
- Project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritization, evaluation, and collaboration
- Proficient in managing repair and refurbishment operations with proven success in operations transformation
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills for all levels within an organization
- Experience in managing Senior Stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and conflict management skills to manage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- English - Excellent Spoken and written skills
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.