- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
About the roleIn 2020 Dyson’s Indirect Procurement team was shortlisted for the CIPS Awards and achieved Highly Commended for the “Large Organisation Procurement Team of the Year”. You will be joining a team that continually strives to inspire, a team that is expanding to keep up with Dyson’s ambition. This has created new roles for Senior Category Managers across all the procurement categories – Marketing, IT, Property, Professional Services and Head Office. These roles are ‘greenfield’ so are there for you to shape.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take leadership of a category with a global remit. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, and with a vibrant culture, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are based close to the chilled-out cities of Bath and Bristol or a country cottage life in the Cotswolds.
- Own and lead the IT procurement strategy and team
- As part of the Procurement Leadership Team, help define the structure and strategic direction of the Indirect Procurement Team
- Develop and deliver financial benefits plans to achieve significant budget savings from IT expenditure.
- Develop and continually review robust, forward looking global category strategies based on business needs taking into account regional and national differences.
- Demonstrate big picture thinking and ability to contextualize: understand your work in the context of what Dyson wants to achieve and what IT needs to do to support that
- Direct a programme of sourcing events and negotiations
- Lead negotiations with suppliers
- Willingness to challenge the norms
- Move fast, focusing on the objective to deliver fast outcomes to tight timelines
- Bring drive, energy and pace to the delivery of key responsibilities.
- Influence the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management.
- Role-model the Dyson Behaviours - ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd – and Dyson Values – Different, Authentic, Pioneering.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Know how to be at your best and what motivates you. Inspire others, providing energy and engagement.
- A reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility but also has clear strategic direction.
- • MCIPS, MBA or equivalent.
- • Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT procurement roles with clear career progression
- • Extensive experience of building and delivering financial benefits from IT supplier relationships.
- • Extensive experience of working with executive teams to align the business strategy and supplier roadmaps.
- • Experience of successfully negotiating IT services contracts, including outsourced / SI services agreements, SaaS agreements, hardware and software licensing agreements, enterprise agreements, cybersecurity services and cloud services contracts with leading providers
- • Experience of negotiating software licences for use in products would be an advantage
- • Experience of managing sourcing events with leading providers
- • Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders up to C-suite level.
- • Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- • Actively removes complexity.
- • Demonstrable leadership of matrix teams under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- • Capability to achieve not only the best service from a category but also able to create global competitive advantages and performance.
- • Commercially astute and with a fastidious eye for detail.
- • Proven ability to solve problems and to drive decision making.
- • Strong negotiation skills.
- • Self-motivated and tenacious team-player.
- • Self-aware, knowing own strengths and limitations.
- • Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects with multiple senior stakeholders and senior vendor contacts
- • Strong interest in talent development to support the career progression of team members and the resource optimisation of the team
- • An empowering approach to team management, encompassing training and coaching to enable team members to take responsibility for project delivery; a willingness to direct without doing
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.