- Singapore - Singapore
This role will shape Dyson’s performance and talent philosophies and policies, lead all global development programmes – including leader and manager capability building, plan for and scope the right digital platforms / programs and partner with leadership teams globally on learning needs.
You will partner extensively with HR teams, the broader talent team and business leaders across Dyson, consulting with them to provide innovative approaches and programs to build critical capabilities for the company. You will provide thought – leadership for our HR and business leaders on performance and learning and influence the organization to agree a Dyson learning philosophy and embrace and embed a learning culture.
Reporting to the Global Talent Director, the Head of Learning and Development is a member of the Talent Leadership team and will lead the Learning & Development team, Digital Learning team, Regional Talent Development Leads and the RDD & Ops Talent Development lead.
About the role
- In consultation with business and HR leaders, define and progress the learning philosophy and performance philosophies, policies and tool-kits for Dyson people
- In partnership with the business, identify critical capability gaps to make the organization future-fit and develop strategies to develop and stretch our people towards that end.
- Develop and lead the execution of a global approach to manager capability development over the short and long term towards helping all our people achieve their full potential.
- Develop and lead a global approach to develop Dyson leaders to role model our unique culture and values and lead the organization towards our ambitious goals.
- Provide Dyson employees a suite of learning programs and tools to build capability on the skills and behaviours most relevant for our business.
- Support leaders and leadership teams around the world to leverage global programs, providing consultation, thought leadership and execution support to adapt or launch specific initiatives to address local needs.
- Leverage digital platforms including crafting the journey on Workday and Cornerstone.
- Leverage collaborative learning to embed a learning culture and growth mindset at Dyson.
- Own the global Dyson Performance framework and tools, ensuring they are simple, agile, fit for purpose and drive a stronger performance culture.
- Partner with the Talent and Succession team to develop be-spoke development approaches for key talent segments in order to create a robust talent and leadership bench strength for the future.
- Navigate Dyson’s matrixed organization to provide thought-leadership and influence business leaders to embrace and embed the defined learning philosophy
- Ensure the L&D budget is globally governed
- Lead, motivate and develop the global L&D team to drive impactful business outcomes and engaged team members performing to their full potential
- Build and nurture an appropriate and innovative partner eco-system for the long-term to help design and deliver on Dyson’s development agenda, balancing internal and external resource requirement to serve business needs, identifying shadow spend and organisations and review and re-position where necessary to provide an efficient function.
- Be a key member of the Talent LT and broader HR leadership group to shape Dyson’s talent, development and people strategy and initiatives.
- Be agile in supporting the business on critical ad-hoc needs and change management initiatives as needed, creating playbooks and solutions with innovation and pace.
- Lead on the agenda for capability development of the global people team
About you• Thought –leadership in the learning, development, performance and talent areas• Strong influencing and collaboration skills, managing diverse, global, senior, stakeholders• Ability to work comfortably and lead change in a complex matrix organisation• Data driven capabilities and mindset• Budget management• The ability to manage multiple competing priorities • Strong commercial and analytical experience and skills• Synthesizing the complex into compelling and actionable insights for business leaders• Track record of building a high-performing team and delivering results
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.