- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Own and develop the Dyson Legal Operating model
- Ownership of the strategy development and implementation for Dyson Legal
- Ownership of the Continuous Improvement and Change Management strategy for Dyson Legal
- Development and Implementation of metrics, measures, benchmarking and reporting for Dyson Legal.
- Management and development of legal technology applications and platforms
- Ownership of the budget management process for Dyson Legal
- Ownership of the Outside Counsel Engagement and Management process and performance against targets
About the roleStrategic
- Ensuring a robust annual strategy deployment process is rolled out across Dyson Legal and within Legal Operations
- Develop and embed a continuous improvement and problem solving culture in Dyson Legal
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of industry best practise and benchmarking
- Develop an understanding of Dyson Legal client groups, Dyson business strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
- Forge collaborative working relationships across Dyson Legal teams, Dyson and with external stakeholders.
- Identification and implementation of activities to improve productivity and efficiency across Dyson Legal using Leana and Operational Excellence methodology
- Managing and prioritising resources and services in accordance with their strategic value to Dyson.
- Management and execution of Legal department operating procedures.
- Interfacing with Finance for budgeting, forecasting and performance
- Interfacing with IT, Procurement, HR and other core Dyson Group functions.
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate.
- Operational reporting to Director of Global Legal Services
- Driving People Engagement within the team
- Building a team culture of high performance, fairness, transparency and honesty.
- Ensuring effective performance management, learning and development within the team
- Implementation and management of professional development activities including the coordination of Legal wide events.
- Zero-based operational budgeting to deliver strategic value to Dyson
- Effective management
- At least 3 years experience in a Senior in house Legal Operations role
- Proven track record in Project and Programme Management, in particular embedding Business Transformation initiatives.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior management across different geographies and cultures.
- Proven track record as a people manager, demonstrating an ability to performance manage individuals within a high performance culture
- Budget management experience is preferred.
- Broad business, commercial and financial management skills, with a clear understanding of how to create value for the business and balance cost and risk.
- Able effectively to delegate
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day to day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written. Capable of articulating a
- compelling vision for the team and developing a range of strategies to influence people to deliver business plans. Able to communicate effectively with senior management as required.
- Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Is highly self reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self improvement.
- An effective decision maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without
- having the total bigger picture.
- A role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
- Possesses a brand of leadership which drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.