- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role
This role is focused on driving the efficiency and productivity of the Legal function. The Head of Legal Operations reports to the Director of Global Legal Services. The Head of Legal Operations has management responsibility for the following activities:
- Own and develop the Dyson Legal Operating model
- Ownership of the strategy development and implementation for Dyson Legal
- Ownership of the Continuous Improvement and Change Management strategy for Dyson Legal
- Development and Implementation of metrics, measures, benchmarking and reporting for Dyson Legal.
- Management and development of legal technology applications and platforms
- Ownership of the budget management process for Dyson Legal
- Ownership of the Outside Counsel Engagement and Management process and performance against targets
- Ensuring a robust annual strategy deployment process is rolled out across Dyson Legal and within Legal Operations
- Develop and embed a continuous improvement and problem solving culture in Dyson Legal
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of industry best practise and benchmarking
- Develop an understanding of Dyson Legal client groups, Dyson business strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
- Forge collaborative working relationships across Dyson Legal teams, Dyson and with external stakeholders.
- Identification and implementation of activities to improve productivity and efficiency across Dyson Legal using Leana and Operational Excellence methodology
- Managing and prioritising resources and services in accordance with their strategic value to Dyson.
- Management and execution of Legal department operating procedures.
- Interfacing with Finance for budgeting, forecasting and performance
- Interfacing with IT, Procurement, HR and other core Dyson Group functions.
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate.
- Operational reporting to Director of Global Legal Services
- Driving People Engagement within the team
- Building a team culture of high performance, fairness, transparency and honesty.
- Ensuring effective performance management, learning and development within the team
- Implementation and management of professional development activities including the coordination of Legal wide events.
- Financial Performance
- Zero-based operational budgeting to deliver strategic value to Dyson
- Effective management of spend against approved budget
At least 3 years experience in a Senior in-house Legal Operations role
Proven track record in Project and Programme Management, in particular embedding Business Transformation initiatives.
Excellent Project Management skills.
Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders –including senior management –across different geographies and cultures.
Proven track record as a people manager, demonstrating an ability to performance-manage individuals within a high-performance culture
Budget management experience is preferred.
Critical leadership competencies
Broad business, commercial and financial management skills, with a clear understanding of how to create value for the business and balance cost and risk.
Able effectively to delegate
Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
Highly-developed communication skills, both oral and written. Capable of articulating a compelling vision for the team and developing a range of strategies to influence people to deliver business plans. Able to communicate effectively with senior management as required.
Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Is highly self-reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self-improvement.
An effective decision-maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
A role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
Possesses a brand of leadership which drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.