- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing Process Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Product Engineering, and New Production Introduction.
- Develop engineering competencies of team to meet engineering, safety, operational and business requirements. Be a mentor and coach for the engineers and technicians, provide the technical supports whenever necessary.
- Drive Process and Product Management relative to process safety, control, yield improvement, scrap reduction, process optimization and product management.
- Lead Equipment Engineering function to provide effective equipment and maintenance support relative to equipment safety, utilization, maintenance, spares management as well as equipment FAT/SAT, setup and qualification.
- Manage equipment suppliers relative to project management, equipment service support and equipment supplier management.
- Manage New Product Introduction with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) team. Ensure effective new product transfer, release to production, volume ramp and product/process improvement.
- Ensure robustness of process control to meet safety, yield & through-put expectation.
- Required to work closely with key manufacturing operations stakeholders to fully support the company and department goals on safety, yield, quality, utilization, productivity cycle time, and cost.
- Required to communicate and present to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal/teaming skills, able to communicate effectively with employees from all levels of the organization.
- Good in problem solving skills by applying the standard solving methodology, DMAIC, 8D, 5-why, etc.
- Good working knowledge in DOE, MSA, SPC and PPAP.
- Establish and maintain PFMEA, OP, WI, CP and MBoM for related processes in accordance to ISO standard.
- Making technical decisions in engineering disciplines, quality subjects, safety, and mid-term priorities.
- Responsible for new material/component first articles inspection and final buyoff.
- Continuous improvement on direct/indirect material cost down & yield enhancement program.
- Fully participate to resolve risk and issues thru teamwork, positivity, and be the main coordinator for any internal/ external audit programs.
- Willingness to learn new things, and challenge the existing production process, assembly and test method.
- Strong change mind set, strategic thinking and influence power and nurture learning and sharing culture.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering management experience with core competencies in the area of Process and Product Engineering; Equipment Engineering and New Product Introduction.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Multi-national corporations work exposure with strong ability to work with regional and headquarter team for results.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification a must with extensive experience in TPM, Kepner Tregoe and DFM methodologies.
- Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Minitab, JMP, DOE, MSA, SPC, PPAP, DMAIC, 8D, 5-why etc.).
- Significant engineering knowledge and experience with high-volume operations in a process manufacturing oriented, and dynamic environment.
- Strong in industrial engineering methodologies, lean manufacturing, safety requirements, and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated track record of significant engineering accomplishments, particularly in the areas of process, product, automation, and maintenance management as well as best practises.
- Strong drive, execution and complex problem solving abilities to meet engineering, safety, operational and business goals.
- Excellent leadership, planning, good management skills, interpersonal communication, positivity, and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders across organization.
- Attention to detail plus strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.