- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Working as part of our automotive function, the Head of Manufacturing Operations will play a pivotal role in the definition and set up of the EV manufacturing plant and team; before assuming responsibility for the output of a specific manufacturing area in terms of quantity, quality, cost and all associated processes across all shifts once in production.
- Act as a key stakeholder for the EV manufacturing plant project; identifying both facilities and operational requirements for the wider manufacturing operations team to help deliver an efficient, effective, state of the art manufacturing facility
- Input into factory layout & process flow development
- Work closely with HR to help define and then build a world class manufacturing operations organisation; through the pre-production stage, into the start of production and beyond
- Help define and implement a training strategy to enable not only the start of production, but also ensure a continuous flow of skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated personnel over the following years
- First point of contact for designers & release engineers relevant to your defined build area (e.g. Trim & Final, BIW, motor drive, etc.), as well as being a key interface with the manufacturing engineering teams for all other build areas
- Representing Manufacturing Operations at all appropriate reviews, Milestones, PMST, Package & release meetings
- Continuous interrogation & validation of overall sequence of build
- Working closely with the Engineering teams through reviews and prototype builds to maintain assembly feasibility
- Ensuring all operational requirements are defined and met ahead of pre-production builds, i.e. tooling, fixtures, equipment, processes, etc.
- Be the key Manufacturing Operations contributor to costing & investment budgeting processes
- Full responsibility for the operations teams and production output of a manufacturing area across all shifts
SkillsThis role requires demonstrable experience of whole vehicle build processes. As Head of Manufacturing Operations, you must have a track record of achievement that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that delivers the highest levels of vehicle build quality. Ideally you will also have;
- Experience as a Manufacturing or Assembly Operations Manager within an automotive OEM whole vehicle assembly environment
- A thorough understanding of advanced manufacturing assembly systems, including tolerance and dimensional stability, build standards and change control
- Experience of working within a high quality assembly environment with experience of new vehicle/model introduction through to full volume production
- Strong manufacturing assembly background ideally qualified in an automotive, manufacturing or mechanical engineering discipline
- Passion for continuous improvement, leading by example, setting exacting standards and not accepting second best
- Ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and influence the people you work with