- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Head of Operations
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
The Global Manufacturing organisation is responsible for bringing new products from idea stage all the way to SOP (Start of Production), working closely with Engineering (RDD), Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement and Dyson CMs (contract manufacturer).In this role, the candidate will be accountable for in house manufacturing in one of Dyson’s strategic manufacturing locations, responsible for a site of >150 staff, across operational functions in planning, supply chain, operational engineering, continuous improvement and quality. The site is based in Pioneer, Singapore and the role will also work closely with shared services in ensuring a smooth, efficient, and compliant operation. Even though, this role is execution orientated, the role may require some extended leadership of the local operations, and may require the candidate manage to local relations with the industrial park, local suppliers, and the like. Strategically, the candidate will work closely with network strategy team ensuring our in house manufacturing and core technology plans align over the longer term. The role reports to the global manufacturing director.
- Manage the manufacturing operation at the site(s), ensuring all KPI’s are being met across quality, delivery, cost, sustainability.
- Provide strong leadership in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities at the site, and within the enterprise that the site engages with.
- Drive strong collaboration with the responsible functions to deliver clear long term in house manufacturing strategy
- Drive continuous improvement programs at the site(s), with innovative approaches to solving problems from environmental, to people, to product.
- Improve team structure as we continue to grow and build competency in the team with consistent processes and team members with strong engineering and operational experiences.
- Strategically, execute category and geographic growth to meet rapid Dyson growth needs.
- Manage and maintain operations within budgets.
- Ensure compliance and safety at site operations level.
- Manage stakeholders across extended functions, for example procurement, HR, other.
- Minimum 15 years of engineering and operations leadership experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ operating at Director/head of Level, with C level exposure.
- Demonstrated track record in factory excellence, including automation, digitalisation, industry 4.0.
- Demonstrated track record of end to end management of internal company factories and complex consumer oriented relations, which may include consigned inventory management, supplier quality management.
- Demonstrated track record of ramping up production volume of new products.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering strategy linked into overall board corporate strategy.
- Experience within a high growth environment.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Engineering.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification and DFX experiences.
- Excellent communicator, with high energy levels, and result-driven orientation.
- Multi-national corporations work experiences with strong ability to work across culture.
- A natural collaborator, with authentic and coaching leadership style. Demonstrated track record in collaborating with RDD in a highly consumer centric and high technology innovation environment.
- Strong ability to “Zoom in and out”, hence, thinking at strategic C level and be able to know the details of operations simultaneously.
- Strong ability to lead team and influence for results across organisation.
- Ability to drive simplicity amongst complex problems.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.