- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
About the roleBased in Malmesbury, Wiltshire,
The Head of PMO (Active) role is a key part of the Planning & PMO leadership team. Responsible for supporting the definition of the benchmark standard for the Commercial PMO, as well as running, and supporting the creation and continuous improvement of Commercial Governance, Prioritisation and Reporting. This role will lead the PMO team both strategically and operationally. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of the PMO team and ensures all Project Teams adhered to processes and procedures for effective, efficient and timely Planning and Delivery. Will work closely with the Programme and Project Management team, the Resourcing team, and the Operations team to ensure the governance frameworks/TOR (which they own) are fit for purpose; as well as define iterations and identify training needs. Will work with the Dyson RDD PMO in order to align on project details, through our PMO, to ensure that there is visibility of the dependencies vs RDD and Commercial.
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders, and enforce adherence to the process, governance frameworks and agile ways of working. You will ensure that the relevant forums are constructive and collaborative.
In the day to day your tasks will include:
- Responsible for supporting the definition of the benchmark standard for the Commercial PMO
- Supporting all Commercial Programmes’ Governance and Reporting.
- Enable our Prioritisation process.
- Set-up and run the pre-Prioritisation alignment sessions for Channels, Media, CSI and CoEs to ensure that only key decisions are taken into Prioritisation.
- Support the monthly Prioritisation sessions to ensure the right decisions are taken to enable the allocation of resource and budget to adhere to Mission timings.
- Support Change management, critical documentation, process and planning adherence and Phase Review Governance.
- Ensuring programme Governance and Key meeting structures for decision & delivery status are in place and a clear and consistent approach across all vehicle programmes.
- Working with the Operations team to ensure the governance frameworks/TOR (which they own) are fit for purpose, define iterations and identify training needs
- Work with the RDD PMO to align on project details through our PMO to ensure that there is visibility of the dependencies vs RDD and Commercial.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project data feeds through into RDD programme dashboards to represent Engineering and Commercial readiness
- Responsible for reporting out on velocity/time and points against projects as well as launch readiness
- Responsible for running the PMO systems and identifying enhancements required to improve efficiency in the process
- Report out efficiency improvements of time vs output per point
- c.10 years successfully leading PMO teams
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage and solve complex PMO problems
- Experience of key PMO systems and solid experience in how to set-up, manage and run effectively
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Highly-organised with proven experience in PMO and project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Solid and thoughtful leader who will develop their direct report
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.