- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win. The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
About the role
Based on site 5 days a week at our superb campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
The Head of PMO (Active) role is a key part of the Planning & PMO leadership team. Responsible for supporting the definition of the benchmark standard for the Commercial PMO, as well as running, and supporting the creation and continuous improvement of Commercial Governance, Prioritisation and Reporting. This role will lead the PMO team both strategically and operationally. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of the PMO team and ensures all Project Teams adhered to processes and procedures for effective, efficient and timely Planning and Delivery. Will work closely with the Programme and Project Management team, the Resourcing team, and the Operations team to ensure the governance frameworks/TOR (which they own) are fit for purpose; as well as define iterations and identify training needs. Will work with the Dyson RDD PMO in order to align on project details, through our PMO, to ensure that there is visibility of the dependencies vs RDD and Commercial.
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders, and enforce adherence to the process, governance frameworks and agile ways of working. You will ensure that the relevant forums are constructive and collaborative.
In the day to day your tasks will include:-
- Responsible for supporting the definition of the benchmark standard for the Commercial PMO
- Supporting all Commercial Programmes’ Governance and Reporting.
- Enable our Prioritisation process.
- Set-up and run the pre-Prioritisation alignment sessions for Channels, Media, CSI and CoEs to ensure that only key decisions are taken into Prioritisation.
- Support the monthly Prioritisation sessions to ensure the right decisions are taken to enable the allocation of resource and budget to adhere to Mission timings.
- Support Change management, critical documentation, process and planning adherence and Phase Review Governance.
- Ensuring programme Governance and Key meeting structures for decision & delivery status are in place and a clear and consistent approach across all vehicle programmes.
- Working with the Operations team to ensure the governance frameworks/TOR (which they own) are fit for purpose, define iterations and identify training needs
- Work with the RDD PMO to align on project details through our PMO to ensure that there is visibility of the dependencies vs RDD and Commercial.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project data feeds through into RDD programme dashboards to represent Engineering and Commercial readiness
- Responsible for reporting out on velocity/time and points against projects as well as launch readiness
- Responsible for running the PMO systems and identifying enhancements required to improve efficiency in the process
- Report out efficiency improvements of time vs output per point
You will be a key member of the Planning and PMO leadership team and will need to work cross functionally to achieve the best results. You will work with the following teams:
- Operations Team. Owner of governance frameworks/TOR.
- Programme & Project Management team. Part of the Planning and PMO team, responsible for Planning and Capturing Demand.
- Resource Team. Part of the Planning and PMO team, responsible for Mission team resourcing, against captured and prioritised demand.
- RDD PMO. To ensure that dependencies are understood and that our Project data can feed into their e2e launch dashboards.
- Channels, CoE and Market teams. Our internal customers you’ll work with to inform and train on processes.
- 10+ in managing PMO teams
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage process and solve complex PMO problems
- Experience of key PMO systems and solid experience in how to set-up, manage and run effectively
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Passion for PMO and the role it plays in driving business growth.
- Highly-organised with proven experience in PMO and project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Good team manager with career development plan for direct reports
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants with free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site hair salon
- Free on-site concierge service
- Wellness programme
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.