- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
As our Head of Portfolio for E-Commerce, you will report into our IT Commercial director and be responsible for providing overall IT Business partnership and Product ownership for the E-Commerce business function.
You will provide secure & sustainable IT service delivery and continuity underpinned by operational excellence, strategically partnering with the most senior members of the E-Commerce function, driving their Digital Transformation agenda by clearly articulating and defining business needs and benefits (value realisation), through the development of well documented business cases and strategy roadmaps. You will also partner closely with other IT functions to influence and deliver broader Global IT strategy within the agreed Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
You will also provide Digital and technology insights into the business leadership teams on technology trends, benchmarking, and innovation, discussing how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models, to achieve the expected goals and ambitions of their functions.
At Dyson we never stand still, our goals are ambitious, and we constantly drive for new and better ways to deliver. As a senior leader of a global team of business analysts, solution architects, development managers, and project managers, you will empower, engage, and inspire the team to deliver against challenging objectives, to help us grow the business.
- Proven experience of leading and building high performing, global IT teams in a true DevOps manner to handle E-Commerce changes in an agile and cost-effective manner, to support 24/7, peaks and troughs
- Experience implementing E-Commerce solutions at scale
- Good knowledge of integration and security products around E-Commerce (e.g., Mulesoft and Forgerock)
- An understanding of Cyber Risk and Compliance issues around E-Commerce platforms
- Ideally product knowledge of SAP Hybris, Adobe Commerce or Magento
- Experience in architecting and understanding different vendor solutions is preferable
- Knowledge of microservices and scalability/modular, SAAS options
- An effective communicator, collaborator, and influencer at the senior leadership level within a business
- Highly commercial, dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible, creative, highly personable, self-motivated, results-driven, inquisitive, proactive, innovative, ethical, culturally sensitive, with high attention to detail, and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge) in Malmesbury
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.