- Finance, Procurement
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Develop and deliver a cross matrix operating model for Group/Regional/National procurement teams to deliver material financial benefits from our 3rd party spend and working with market stakeholders in converting those opportunities into deliverables.
Own all the aspects of the procurement relationship with the European Markets and Markets without National indirect procurement teams tying together the Global Categories, Dyson Procurement Centres and National teams to deliver ever greater value. Own the matrix relationship with the National procurement teams in Americas, China and Japan. Own the Indirects category teams for RDD MY & PH.
Direct and lead strategy and planning for the indirect procurement category in MY and PH to deliver competitive advantage for Dyson through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. This will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers including the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
The role will develop influential senior level relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance. This is a key strategic role with the expectation of delivery by yourself, your team and through virtual teams of SMEs across the Dyson business.
AccountabilitiesImpact on Business
- Effectively manage the delivery of a matrix operating model for procurement to support the Markets.
- Develop and deliver financial benefits plans to achieve significant budget savings.
- Creation of category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category including regional and national plans.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with deep subject matter expertise to deliver value through the outsourced roadmap & category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications and demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring compliance across the indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Develop a supply base to build the capacity and capability to deliver the business’ requirements.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and continually review robust, forward-looking global outsourced roadmaps & category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace taking into account regional and national differences.
- Influence the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management and drive the application of a variety of commercial models to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within Procurement and the business on category decisions.
- Influence policy thinking, provide timely responses to audit reports and report category costs as appropriate.
- Implement or maintain an appropriate global, regional, national strategy within the category and, with the support of relevant in market procurement, manage compliance to contracts.
- Develop supplier relationship management and determine the most appropriate SRM treatment for the category.
- Work with Head of Procurement to manage resourcing within the category to deliver sourcing projects.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Role model the Dyson Behaviours appropriate to both individual and the role both leading self and leading others.
- Takes a leadership role within the procurement team inspiring others, providing energy and engagement.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Know how to be at your best and what motivates you.
- Provide clear direction and constructive challenge to business stakeholders in the creation and execution of category plans.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to category activity.
- Display excellent people management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate importance of leading-edge subject matter expertise through example.
- Market and communicate category guidelines into the business.
- Act as an agent of change.
- Role model in the adoption and leverage agile ways of working.
- Make time and care about personal development maintaining a live development plan.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Create, lead and maintain a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed savings target for the outsourced services & category.
- Understand complex business problems, apply advanced analytical thinking and market knowledge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Communicate category concepts in a way that is relevant to the business.
- Drive category team members to ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality.
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing and category planning governance.
- Monitor the status of the category, and drive corrective action to ensure savings targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Work with the Head of Procurement to prioritise and schedule all strategic sourcing initiatives for the year, in alignment with business milestones.Drive embedding of best practices and compliance to the operating model.
- Thought leadership in the development and enhancement of the operating model.
- Professional development of category team members.
- A reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility but also has clear strategic direction.
- Direct and develop the category, but balance with not undermining businesses' operational accountability for supplier relationships.
- Develop and maintain a global stakeholder network in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Embrace and lead change with a positive attitude taking people on the journey.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with the global business so that the category management team becomes true business partners and acknowledged as a clear benefit
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the category taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management changes, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure that all agreements are established in accordance with the relevant global, regional or national Legal representatives.
- Always ensures an appropriate balance of risk with the cost of control.
- MCIPS, MBA or equivalent. Extensive experience of outsourcing and managing outsourced contracts
- Extensive experience of working with executive teams to align the business strategy and procurement roadmaps. Building future strategies for supplier relationships.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders up to Board level.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Actively removes complexity.
- Demonstrable leadership of matrix teams under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Recognised expertise in the specific category applicable to the role
- Capability to achieve not only the best service from a category but also able to create global competitive advantages and performance.
- Commercially astute and with a fastidious, all-seeing eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to drive decision making.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and tenacious team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- A highly driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Preparedness to travel as necessary/appropriate in the performance of duties.
- Project management experience.
- Good knowledge of contract law.
- Working knowledge of multiple categories / commodities.
- Strong understanding e-procurement processes and systems.
- Strong numeracy & analytical skills.
- Experience of working in operational areas within categories or supply base.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines