- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is a new role created as part of a re-organisation within the global IP & Product Strategy function, part of Dyson Legal. The re-organisation brings together the existing Product Litigation team and the existing New Projects & Regulatory team to form the Product Litigation, Claims & Regulatory team under the leadership of the newly-created role of Head of Product Litigation, Claims & Regulatory.
The Head of Product Litigation, Claims & Regulatory reports to the Director, IP & Product strategy and sits on the IP&PS Senior Management Team.
About the roleHead of Product Litigation, Claims & Regulatory has management responsibility for the following areas of IP&PS activity:
- Global Product Litigation (excluding IP)
- Global advice on Marketing Claims & Assets
- Global advice on Regulatory matters
- Setting strategic goals for the team which align with and contribute to the function-level strategic goals set by Director, IP & Product Strategy
- Driving and evaluating progress by the team against its strategic goals
- Managing and prioritising resources and services in accordance with their strategic value to Dyson.
- Delivering services efficiently and at a competitive cost
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate.
- Developing KPIs and metrics which support effective decision-making.
- Operational reporting to Director, IP&PS
- Promoting collaboration across Dyson Legal teams, Dyson and with external stakeholders
- Driving People Engagement within the team
- Building a team culture of high performance, fairness, transparency and honesty.
- Ensuring effective performance management, learning and development within the team
- Financial Performance
- Zero-based operational budgeting to deliver strategic value to Dyson
- Effective management of spend against approved budget
- Qualified lawyer with at least 5 years PQE, preferably working in-house in a global organisation.
- Significant litigation experience, ideally multi-jurisdictional experience covering UK, US, CN, JP, KR. Experience in the area of product litigation is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of advising on product regulatory matters and legal risks relating to development of marketing claims and assets would be an advantage.
- Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders – including senior management – across different geographies and cultures.
- Proven track record as a people manager, demonstrating an ability to performance-manage individuals within a high-performance culture
- Significant experience in managing outside counsel, including highly effective cost management.
- Budget management experience is preferred.
Critical leadership competencies
- Broad business, commercial and financial management skills, with a clear understanding of how to create value for the business and balance cost and risk.
- Able effectively to delegate
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Highly-developed communication skills, both oral and written. Capable of articulating a compelling vision for the team and developing a range of strategies to influence people to deliver business plans. Able to communicate effectively with senior management as required.
- Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Is highly self-reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self-improvement.
- An effective decision-maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- A role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
- Possesses a brand of leadership which drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
This is a 12m FTC
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.