- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
The Center of Excellence (COEs), Americas is multi-disciplinary regional extension of Group (HQ) Commercial team, built to support Market-driven needs within the realm of Group-led strategies. The team increases global capability, informs strategic decisions leveraging local insights, cascades Global best practices and executes bespoke and localized Market campaigns and experiences. The COE includes Strategy, Insights, Creative, Digital, Delivery and Retail Experience, which is the function responsible for the strategy, operations and execution of physical retail within the region. The Americas is comprised of 3 markets - US, Canada and Mexico - with South American expansion on the horizon.
About the role:
Reporting into the Center of Excellence Director, the Head of Retail Experience, Americas leads a team and is responsible for the function that acts as the bridging mechanism between Group and market Retail teams ensuring that global, centrally-driven retail initiatives are executed regionally through a localized, insight-driven lens that delivers for both Market and Group objectives. This person is required to have a foot in both camps, remaining balanced and considered to ensure that all voices are heard equally and the best business decisions for Dyson’s long-term future success are taken.
- Lead a team of project manager and fixture managers with regional expertise that can drive retail excellence
- Build concrete relationships at a regional and market level with key retail stakeholders and Leadership (Marketing & Sales Directors) and develop a firm understanding of nuances and needs.
- Work collaboratively, cross functionally to join up the path to purchase across all stages of the funnel.
- Champion and enforce Dyson best-in-class global standards, policies and processes at a market level; be a regional brand guardian of all things Dyson retail.
- Input into Group tools and guidelines to empower markets to move at speed, compliantly across design, retail marketing, training and rollout. Put in place the safety mechanisms to vet and approve market driven initiatives.
- Wholistic vision of regional retail that is not only channel agnostic but also looks to leverage on the regional strength of the business when it comes retailer and supply chain agreements, driving cost and consistency.
- Be responsive and react quickly to local business needs and develop intervention strategies that meet the requirements of the changing landscape, while remaining compliant with global standards.
Process & Strategy Development-
- Implement robust processes that govern and regulate retail within the region ensuring that an auditable, easily tracked, standardized approach is applied.
- Help shape the Global Dyson 3rd Party Retail Strategy with Market Retail Marketing, Group retail stakeholders and identify regional adaptations with the vision of driving 3rd party forward to be future fit.
- Support emerging markets with clear strategic direction and operational support in preparation for retail rollout.
- Collaborate with markets to meticulously plan budgets, distribution, rollout strategy and customer journey, making sure that retail is fully integrated into a channel agnostic path to purchase. In 2019, NPD launches led to updates of over 8,500 fixtures and over £10 million spent in the region.
- Work with Group, other COEs and Market stakeholders to build a centralized reporting view, enabling globally consistent benchmarking of Retail performance.
- Map out the regions fixture estate and work with central stakeholders to gradually consolidate systems into group approved systems; limit bespoke fixture design to a minimum.
- Regular reporting to senior stakeholders on rollout, operational and cost performance.
- Help streamline Market infrastructure to drive a concentrated investment on fewer doors with a higher standard of execution, translating the global retail vision into a locally appropriate plan. Have a clear understanding of budgets and return on investment. Working closely with country retail teams to deliver their respective retail key performance indicators and budgets.
- Oversee the flawless, on-time rollout of all NPD executions within budget.
- Champion a sustainable, compliant approach to supply chain of fixtures, regionalizing core production to a selection of vetted, contracted vendors that are partners with Dyson and are complemented by a local, agile vendor network. Show demonstrable cost savings with value engineered solutions and economies of scale by restructuring the supply chain.
- 10+ years of retail experience (Agency preferred) with demonstrable experience of working in multiple markets with various retailers/accounts.
- Cross-functional project and team leadership - connecting dots and finding the critical problem to solve.
- Thought leadership and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Holistic comprehension of retail including production, concept design, marketing and people.
- Comfortable overseeing multiple simultaneous projects; strong delegation skills.
- Financial and commercial acumen; familiar owning and managing budgets.
- Strong communicator with outstanding stakeholder management skills. Comfortable presenting to varying levels of seniority both internally and externally and ability to simplify complex information.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice contract and supplier relationship management approaches and methodologies.
- Comfortable with and resilient to change, ability to shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Empathetic and passionate leader.
- Highly collaborative.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.