- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Robotics and Machine Learning, Research Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
We’re looking for people with first-hand experience of robotics and a portfolio of robotics projects. You’ll have existing experience with locomotion, manipulation, cognition or any high tech related application in the field of Robotics. You’ll need to have initiative, creativity, and the desire to learn fast. Our job descriptions are intended to be examples of sets of skills that would be useful, rather than narrow definitions.
Dyson is expanding in Singapore. As the Head of Robotics Research in Singapore, you will coordinate the many facets of our robot design efforts tracking resources, effort, and schedules in an effort to bridge the gap between fundamental research and product development.
You will run a rapidly growing team of skilled roboticists to enable robots to autonomously perform complex tasks to interact with real world indoor environments. You’ll be leading and nurturing a new and developing team in Dyson, working on real world robotics which will be in the homes of millions of people world-wide.
- Collaborate with the Director of Robotics to plan technology development and resource
- Facilitate and encourage communication between team members, track goals and coordinate project-level resources and timelines.
- Work with the Head of Robotics Research to identify new Research Topics and build strategic roadmap to deliver working building block of technology or algorithms to the UK team.
- Help to manage team interactions and workload for maximum creativity, efficiency and effectiveness, not maximum hours worked.
- Lead and improve organizational processes and planning
- Develop and implement structure, creative processes and partnerships that facilitate execution projects
- Collaborate with other teams and managers to encourage cross-team understanding, particularly engineering, product, user experience and legal
- Strong leadership background and effective communications skills
- Technical work and / or degree background (robotics, mechatronics, computer science would be beneficial)
- Ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Experience with robotic platforms or very high tech products, or any integrated mechanical/electrical/software system, in an academic, commercial, or industrial setting.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- A proven track record in managing technical programs and ensuring timely and effective completion.