- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Robotics and Machine Learning
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for people with first-hand experience of robotics and a portfolio of robotics projects. You'll have existing experience with locomotion, manipulation, cognition or any high tech related application in the field of robotics. You will need to have initiative, creativity, and the desire to learn fast. Our job descriptions are intended to be examples of sets of skills that would be useful, rather than narrow definition.
Dyson is expanding in Singapore. As the Robotics Research Manager, you will coordinate the many facets of our robot design efforts tracking resources, effort, and schedules in an effort to bridge the gap between fundamental research and product development.
You will run a rapidly growing team of top-notch roboticist to enable robots to autonomously perform complex tasks to interact with real world indoor environments. This role necessitate a deep understanding of all robotics constraints, both hardware and software, as the Head of the group is leading the team toward the agreed goals of Dyson’s Robotics Research.
- Collaborate with the Director of Robotics to plan technology development and resource
- Facilitate and encourage communication between team members, track goals and coordinate project-level resources and timelines
- Work with the Head of Robotics Research to identify new Research Topics and build strategic roadmap to deliver working building block of technology or algorithms to the UK team.
- Help to manage team interactions and workload for maximum creativity, efficiency, and effectiveness, not maximum hours worked.
Lead and improve organizational processes and planning
Develop and implement structure, creative process, and partnerships that facilitate execution projects
Collaborate with other teams and managers within the organization to ensure alignment and facilitate cross-team understanding, particularly engineering, product, user experience, and legal
- Strong leadership background, and effective communications skills.
- Technical work and / or degree background (robotics, mechatronics, computer science would beneficial)
- Ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Experience with Robotics platforms or very high tech products, or any integrated mechanical / electrical / software system, in an academic, commercial or industrial setting
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- A proven track record in managing technical programs and ensuring timely and effective completion.