- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we research, design, manufacture and sell a range of cutting-edge, technology enabled products. We constantly innovate, exploring new markets and technologies, connecting to our customers and products in new ways. As a “multi-dimensional” organisation, Dyson’s technology solutions support a whole range of functions worldwide - everything from secure research facilities to AI enabled robotic manufacturing, to apps which connect owners to our products, to our global physical and online retail footprint.
About the role
All the above presents a highly complex, challenging and ever-evolving cyber risk landscape and a need for continual review and vigilance to reflect emerging new threats. With Board level commitment and a team backed by a significant investment programme, this newly created role reflects the importance of world class cyber defence and security engineering to Dyson.
As part of our global Enterprise Security team, and as one of two new leadership roles in UK and Singapore, you’ll work closely with your APAC counterpart to build and manage two regional Digital Security Architecture functions. Your aim will be frictionless security, which enables Dyson to achieve output and uptime goals through cyber resilience services and a strong cyber security culture.
As a key part of our Cyber Security Architecture Leadership team, you’ll help define iterate Dyson’s Cyber Security Strategy, Transformation Roadmap and Governance Framework. You’ll lead a regional team of security architecture experts, whilst providing a supportive environment that attracts and retains expert talent.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, projects and third parties.
- Supporting project teams with high and low-level security consultancy.
- Influencing stakeholders: IT Architects, Developers and Engineers, Programme Managers and Business Data Owners.
- Developing and implementing digital security blueprints for the design, build and maintenance of products, manufacturing plants, connected platforms and devices, IT infrastructure and applications.
This role will be based at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire. We also have an office in central Bristol if this is preferred.
This is an exciting and varied role, with global projects, where there’s ample scope to develop your technical expertise, leadership, business partnering and programme management skills.
With your exceptional track record of building enterprise security architecture and engineering functions, including setting up best-in-class enterprise security capabilities, you’ll be an inspiring thought leader, who inspires others to achieve outstanding results.
You’ll have broad, best practice cyber security subject matter expertise, acquired in the context of a complex, multinational environment, and the ability to navigate business complexity, risks and uncertainty and make evidence-based decisions and recommendations.
Other key soft skills include:
- Strong intellectual agility, with the ability to apply it to a wide range of business contexts.
- Exceptional business partnering and communication skills required to influence at a senior level.
- Ability to coach others in Agile and iterative technology engineering styles and culture, continuously delivering business value, and maintaining a high delivery cadence.
- Acting as a true champion of diversity, who demonstrates sensitivity to the diversity of cultures across our global operations.
Detailed technical requirements:
Expert knowledge of:
- DevOps practices, embedding security in the software development lifecycle.
- Current industry security threats, challenges and mitigation techniques.
Track record in operational security architecture and engineering in at least two of the following three areas:
- Embedded product software
- Operational technology / manufacturing
- IT applications / Infrastructure / Cloud
Good understanding of:
- IT Security Controls
- Identify Access Management
- User Behaviour Analytics
- Data Loss Prevention
- Incident Response
- Industry standard frameworks (e.g. ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL)
- Best practices (e.g. CIS, SANs, OWASP, CSA)
- Regulations (e.g. PCI DSS, GDPR, China CSL).
Experience may include:
- Network & Infrastructure Security
- Application Security
- Cloud & Mobility Security (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CDN)
- Data/ Database Security, etc.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.