- Information Technology
- India - Gurgaon Office
Head of Operations Workplace Technology Services
Dyson Business Services
Dyson Business Services (DBS) provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of operating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This new role will be responsible for
Our Workplace Technology Services (WTS) Team exists to:
- Deliver world class employee experience of delivery of IT Service Desk, collaboration, and end user compute services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Drive continual improvement into the WTS processes and operations in line with Dyson’s growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the employee and business stakeholders, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
- Work with project teams to help ensure new WTS and capabilities are successfully introduced to add value for the business and user community
- Deliver service for workplace technology operations that ensure simple and effective solutions for end users
This new role will be responsible for transitioning the existing teams from IT & Digital Workplace into the DBS in Dyson: developing the strategic vision for the Services and building on that vision including defining new ways of working, building new teams, transitioning work into new locations from both inhouse and external, generate internal demand and managing all teams around the globe.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the Director of WTS, the Head of Service Operations is a strong and proactive leader with experience of driving excellent End User Compute services for the internal customers of Workplace Technology Services. This role is responsible for the setup and run of overall day-to-day service operations of all WTS domains including Service Desk, Windows, Apple, Linux and Unified Comms.
The role is also responsible for delivery of enhancements run by WTS and for incorporating new services into run operations without disruption. Service provision will be executed mainly by vendors and so this role requires proactive and efficient management and collaboration to achieve the overall service objectives. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- With a customer-first service driven mindset, own the day-to-day operation of WTS services, ensuring they are delivered according to agreed SLAs and Experience level agreements (XLAs).
- Working with our Care Ambassadors to understand the experience and needs of customers, ensuring service delivery is aligned with excellence in customer experience, prioritising desired and agreed stakeholders’ requirements.
- Ensuring service delivery has a “customer experience-first mindset” and is performed to agreed scope, levels of service and service factors such as availability, useability, and performance. The services must be resilient, secure and be delivered in compliance with agreed standards, methods, tools and processes.
- Understanding current and future work demands and planning and prioritising work to optimise service provision and meet all service obligations. Demand includes service requests, projects and anticipating support required to incidents, problems, changes and service improvement activities.
- Management of core suppliers engaged in WTS service provision, with the support of procurement and legal services
- Understand key challenges and goals of each of the business areas and the role WTS EUC services play in supporting users, executives and the Dyson Family to meet these goals.
- Proactively anticipating and resolving key issues by continually being aware of service performance and real-time service status, key risks, issues, service challenges, changes and KPI performance.
- Ensure effective project and enhancement portfolio management by operating processes to capture requirements for new projects and enhancements and then managing the end-to-end project lifecycle. This includes providing project resource management, organising work with technical resources including with the supplier, executing the project phases and conducting service introduction activities to bring the new capabilities into service without disruption.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with senior business stakeholders (Director and above).
- Deep understanding of workplace service technologies, IT service management and IT operations
- Possess a service excellence mindset, acting as an evangelist – always on top of service status and challenges, proactively leading the service. Always challenging yourself and WTS team members on improving the service to end customers.
- Over 10 years’ relevant experience in managing service operations delivery in a global organisation involving diverse geographically located teams, with excellent understanding of technical and organisational dependencies and a proven ability to deliver transformation and enhancements to the services we provide and experiences we deliver.
- Deep experience in workplace service technologies and service desk operations
- Strong experience of successfully driving improvement initiatives to transform service provision including use of automation and orchestration technologies.
- Strong understanding of key service management, service operations, technical and security standards, methods and best practices including ITIL v3/4 and recognised IT security standards including ISO 27001
- Experience of key service management and operations toolsets such as ServiceNow
- Experience in end user device hardware and software asset management
- Experience in an IT Supplier Management or Vendor Management role
- A person with genuine passion for exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with using data to drive decision making and change behaviours
- Change management experience with strong understanding of project management methods and approaches including agile delivery.
- Experience in designing an establishing new services and capabilities.
- Experience of driving cultural change, realignment of expectations between providers and receivers of a service
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills, including ability to negotiate, influence decision making, inform about risks, challenges and deliver good news stories
- Ability to influence to gain alignment, agreement and commitments
- Experience of managing a global network of stakeholders in varying geographies
- Solves highly complex, politically sensitive problems across teams
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to manage the service with authority and under pressure, for instance in leading major WTS incidents.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.