- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Team
Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business Team has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Development, Procurement and Finance.
Reporting to the Global IT Director - Digital Business Technology, the Head of Solution Architecture is responsible for defining and governing the Architecture of Global Business systems in Dyson. They also lead a large team of Architects embedded in programmes and projects to realise this TOBE architecture in the investment portfolios of Owner Experience, Enterprise, Product Development, Supply chain, Manufacturing and Retail
You will be responsible for:
- Technical Leadership
- Build Solution Architecture practice from ground up with services catalogue, SOPs, supply and demand analysis and strong leadership.
- Act as trusted a complex solution consultant to the Global IT Director of Business Applications, the wider Global IT Senior Leadership team and the CIO where required.
- Define and lead the strategic vision across global IT for the solution architecture practice
- Build and lead a high performing team of technical and solution design professionals
- Establish and maintain effective E2E design principles, governance & ways of working
- Maintain alignment with enterprise principles on architectural and application roadmap strategies
- Manage architectural demand in line with global IT PMO processes
- Manage architectural supply in line with global IT resourcing processes
- Create and maintain an architectural knowledge base for the global IT application landscape
- Create and maintain an architectural knowledge base for the global IT environment landscape
- Produce the ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ architectural states for application services projects and programmes
- Provide technical insight for portfolio shaping, feature development and reduction of technical debt
- Identify, manage and mitigate risk from design decisions across the global IT application landscape
- Publish routine MI on technical dependencies across application services projects and programmes
- Produce director level MI reports on solution architecture practice trends and status
- Lead delivery and operations professionals in a matrix management relationship to create a cohesive and high performing team.
- Run regular team meetings for different sub-teams Finance, People and Collaboration, Procurement and Legal.
- Hold Enterprise all hands meetings to provide updates, future plans and inspire and motivate.
- Feedback into practices for performance management, talent / succession planning and professional and personal development of key team members.
Person specification / Core Competencies
- With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- Capable of managing expectations throughout the full service delivery cycle and sponsoring successful transformation to enable and drive real business change across multiple geographic domains.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Good project management or organizational skills
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation including on occasion to the Executive and non-Executive board.
- A skilled negotiator.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Open, honest and responsible
- Team player
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high-pressured commercial arrangements.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Strong Business Digital systems, Infrastructure, Network and Cyber technical knowledge with ability to roll sleeves up in defining detailed technical design as well as defining processes and governance for large teams of Architects doing the same.
- Strong solution consulting skills. Able to take high level often ambiguous requirements from a fast retail environment lead a team to play back options in ambitious timelines.
- Experience of managing large and often complex technical design teams that include enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Experience in implementing and shaping the company’s technical strategy for application design.
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a large team of technical professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies is highly desired.
- A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.