- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is a global company with market leading products in Floorcare, Haircare and Environmental product categories. We have ambition and plans to enter new areas and continue our rapid growth. The Group Finance team provides Dyson with overall financial planning, reporting & analysis capabilities, owns the systems that support these activities across the Dyson Group and provides finance business partnering to Group Functions like Global IT and Estates. The team acts as a business partner to Dyson’s executive leadership, enabling them to plan and take action to support Dyson’s Double Dyson 2025 strategic target.
About the Role
The purpose of the role is to bring financial leadership to Dyson’s strategic planning processes. This will include ownership of the long-term financial plan, acting as a finance business partner for Group Strategy projects/analyses and supporting the translation of strategic planning into operational delivery.
The role has broad visibility of the business across multiple areas and very senior stakeholders and therefore serves as a platform for many career development opportunities.
- Own Dyson’s Long-Term Financial Plan and the use of this to support strategic planning and analyses. This includes owning the timeline and building the required models, consulting, and stress testing plans from across the business, consolidating the inputs and articulating the conclusions.
- Evolving and strengthening Dyson’s strategic planning capabilities in terms of process, and systems and being a subject matter expert in this area
- Work as a finance business partner to the Chief Financial Officer and Strategy Director, providing financial leadership for identified projects and strategic analyses.
- Build a network across the Global Finance organisation to leverage relevant finance expertise in long-term planning and support translation of strategy into short-term planning.
Key skills and attributes:
- Energetic, engaging and positive, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; can work comfortably in a complex matrix organisation
- Culturally aware and with an international mindset, together with a collaborative style as a strong team player
- Excellent organisational, planning, budget and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including c-suite presentations
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder demands and conflicting priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills supported by creative and critical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to analyse and translate large amounts of data, information and requests into easy to understand concepts and presentation materials
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
Experience and candidate profile:
Applicants should be able to…
- Provide previous examples of using extensive financial information to support executive level decision making by finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Demonstrate experience developing and using advanced/complex financial models.
- Show experience analysing corporate financial statements and making overall business recommendations from this analysis.
- Provide examples of working effectively in high-pressured, unstructured environments.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and delivering to hard milestones.
- The role holder should have a diversity of finance experiences, e.g. Controlling, FP&A, Market Commercial, Operations, etc. Candidates are not expected to have direct experience of every area but to bring some external perspective to the role and show awareness of and interest in other areas.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
- A globally recognised professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc., with significant post-qualification experience.
- Exceptional analytical ability and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Behaviours necessary for success
- Curiosity: interest in Dyson’s overall business and, specifically, new product design and development.
- Communications & Influence: the ability to communicate complex financial information simply, with impact, to senior, non-financial stakeholders.
- Collaboration: the ability to build and sustain relationships with stakeholders with different backgrounds, seniorities and personalities.
- Critical thinking: the ability to consider the validity and consequences of differing initiatives and strategies
- Resilience & Independence: ability to be calm and balance different organisational requirements in difficult and sensitive situations.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.