- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneering radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the Global Commercial team, the Digital Experience Design team is responsible for designing the journey’s that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
We’re looking for a Head of UX Research to join our Digital Experience Design team. This is a pivotal new role in an expansion of the team that will grow and enhance our in-house expertise and knowledge.
Reporting to the Creative Director of Digital and Direct Experiences, you’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. Obsessed with detail, grounded in design that truly works and passionate about pushing boundaries in an ever-accelerating landscape; where digital and our owners are at the heart of everything we do. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career.
Overseeing all UX research in the team, you’ll help to establish the journeys and experiences across new product launches and our multichannel experiences. Defining the best methodologies - and the right application of them across the different platforms - to expose the insights and learnings required. We need to be relevant, seamless and pioneering. You need to think owner-centric, plan end-to-end and be data driven. Applying a strategic level of expertise that ensures we’re research-led while still advancing our core Dyson values.
You’ll have a strong understanding of what it means to design on a global scale and the differences in culture, awareness and consideration that brings. A strong leader and key collaborator, confident with building excellent cross-functional relationships, that advance the value of design and research, in order to drive the best result. You’ll be as comfortable at challenging ideas as you are at being challenged and adept at understanding business direction and our over-arching strategy. Working with a complex group of stakeholders and managing their expectations and asks will be second nature.
Leading a small team of Researchers here at Group, you’ll also support our Global Regional teams. Sharing best practice and insights, driving cohesion and execution excellence. Instilling a consistent approach and innovation. A key member of the Experience Design Leadership team, you’ll set the standard and play an active part in the future direction and development of the whole team.
- Working with all Category and Channel Leads along with the Creative Director to interrogate the challenges and understand the needs to define and shape the opportunit
- Responsible for the oversight and delivery of UX research, including journey maps, user flows, delivery of the analysis and full report.
- Thorough knowledge of the latest UX research methods and the best application of them across all channels to obtain the key insights. Well versed with group facilitation, moderation, in-depth interviews and observation.
- Close integration with all areas of data and research across the business to build a single collated view of learnings, that will inform direction on experiences that lead the way and build on our Dyson values.
- Delving into the psyche of our owners and shoppers to understand their ever-changing needs. Analysing how these behaviours adapt by channel and change over time.
- Putting the owner at the centre, developing a thorough understanding of our audiences and obsessing about the data and insight. Interpreting and analysing it’s meaning and how it defines what we do.
- Building our capabilities with the latest knowledge of industry trends and business demand to identify opportunities that add to and develop new skills within the team.
- Leading the global research teams, providing guidance and clarity on direction and approach. Developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours and instilling a culture of global knowledge sharing.
- A champion of best practice and research strategy.
- Cross-function digital skills with a good understanding of UI and interaction design. Working closely with all design functions to understand the story we need to tell to best demonstrate our latest innovations and technology.
- Create a high-performing culture, supporting the growth and development of the team and the delivery of individual and business objectives. Mentor, encourage, support and inspire actively advancing the Dyson culture.
- 10+ years’ experience in a management/leadership role creating research strategy, and conducting research.
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications.
- Design research skills, knowledge of user-centred design methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Storytelling skills to communicate findings to all audiences.
- Experience collaborating with design, product and delivery teams on technical implementation.
- Qualification in Human- Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science or equivalent (desired).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life assurance.
- Sport centre.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised café and restaurants.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.