- Retail Sales
- Gurgaon, India
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans / heaters / humidifiers / purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began in 1991 with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 12,000 employees globally. Dyson products are present in over 65 countries globally.
About the role
Dyson India is in a very exciting stage with plans for huge investment and acceleration in market. This is a very strategic, high impact and visibility role which is pivotal for accelerating Dyson’s retail growth in the country. As a clear strategic priority, Dyson is looking to expand its retail distribution aggressively, grow sales and drive the consumer experience. This role is a key leadership role which will lead and drive this growth. We are looking for a seasoned leader with strong strategic mindset and commercial acumen. Strong market understanding and relationships, people leadership and execution skills are key success competencies of the role.
1. Business Volumes and GM
- Own all retail sales channels and deliver the Dyson India business plan including volumes, GM and Trading Profit.
- Provide leadership to sales teams managing various channels - Dyson demos (EBOs), National key accounts like Croma, Reliance etc., Regional Key account standalones and chains, DTH, Salons
- Manage all operational areas and activities required for sales delivery
- Own customer experience and aim to deliver par excellence experience to customers
2. Retail Expansion – channel & geography
- Lead the geographical expansion to densify quality outlet and expand operations in key cities across the country
- Expansion plans and execution across various channels – Demo, National & Regional Key accounts
3. Leadership and development of Sales teams
- Lead and motivate a team of people to ensure that they are developed and challenged in their roles to maximise their potential (across Dyson Employees and 3rd party team members)
- Understand aspirations, motivation of employees across different channels and keep them engaged
- Support people strategies of people development, reward and resourcing
- Monitor performance and productivity of teams
- Act as a role model to demonstrate Being Dyson
4. Collaboration across Functions & Sales team
- Build strong partnerships key colleagues/stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with Marketing team to curate and execute market relevant events to drive awareness and increase leads and footfalls across channels
- Ensure shared goals with Customer Service on owner experience
5. Partner Management
- Account management for National key accounts - Croma, Nykaa and Reliance
- EBO management & expansion - Managing mall relationships, identifying key locations for expanding the demo footprint, nurturing retail partner relationships to run store operations
- Managing and guiding distributor partners for expanding and growing regional key accounts
Direct : 5-7
Indirect : over 100
Skills & Competencies
MBA with 15-20 years hands on sales experience across multiple offline channels
Retail experience in EBOs and MBOs preferable
Experience in Beauty, Luxury or consumer electronics preferable
Sales experience in distribution led industries is preferable
Strong people leadership; builds capability and coaches team members
High level of communication skills both verbal and written
Well-developed interpersonal and relationship skills
Enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced team environment; prepare to roll up sleeves. Must have a high growth mindset
Energetic, engaging and solutioning approach
Highest levels of integrity, honesty and excellence
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a allowances and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.