- Calamba - Philippines
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the role
Overview – Role:
The role holder is responsible for providing competent EHS advice, support and assistance, (Including RDD), although the large majority of this role with be within PAM. This role will include managing key EHS programs and acts as to the site management on EHS matters. This role will lead the EHS functions and provide a complementally back up to the Safety and Health Officer.
This role will also be responsible for operational EHS support within our Contract Manufacturer locations, in partnership with the EHS Manager (SEA) as required.
The role holder will also contribute to and implement the Global EHS strategy within this area of responsibility, and wider (as required).
In the context of the scope of this role:
· Be the subject matter expert / primary point of contact, for all operational EHS management enquiries, advice, support, training, coaching and incidents. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams. Key topics of this role will cover, (but will not be limited) to:
- Ensuring EHS considerations are established throughout the selection and use of third party contractors, including supporting Project works.
- Control of hazardous substances, Electrical Safety, Management of Asbestos, Compliance, Inspections, Return to work assessments, Personal Evacuation Emergency Plans, Workstation Assessments, Fire Safety Management, Provision of First Aid, Awareness training, operations, Manual Handling, New & Expectant mothers, General site safety (in particular the interaction between vehicles and pedestrians,) Working at height, Work experience/young people, Inductions, permit to work, Energy storage, Laboratories and workshops, Occupational Health & Hygiene, Local exhaust systems, Pressure vessels, Radiation, Vibration, Use of Work Equipment.
- Contribute, manage and maintain (but not limited to): the Global EHS Management System, Global Incident Reporting System, legislation tool as employed by Dyson, LMS, Global & Regional EHS Sharepoint site.
- Contribute and assist to implement the Global EHS Internal assurance program. This will include performing regular inspections providing support to the 7S initiative within RDD.
- Partner with internal and external auditors/inspectors (particularly maintaining ISO 45001, ISO 14001 where this is in place) to ensure that support is provided to facilitate the close out of EHS actions.
- Partner with the Global Head of Fire Safety to ensure a robust approach to fire life safety is adopted throughout the site.
- Develop EHS training plan and roll up of internal and external trainings.
- Establishing location EHS committee structure’s ensuring communication of best practice and worker engagement.
- Monitor all related EHS incidents. Provide assistance and support to managers and where necessary personally investigate serious EHS incidents to identify underlying causes; recording findings and recommendations.
- Partner with the Workplace Team to ensure that Local Exhaust Ventilation statutory inspections are undertaken.
- Assists site leadership in assessing EHS related business risks and establishing annual targets for the site. Analyzes performance, sets strategies, and leads development and implementation of action plans for year over year improvement.
- Support the development and implementation with the following parts of the global and regional management system:
o EHS objectives, targets, policies, processes, procedures or standards.
o Providing leading and lagging measurements on EHS performance and provide internal and external reporting as required.
- Undertake any other role related task as outlined by the Regional EHS Manager.
· 6 years (min) experience preferably in the field of occupational safety and health in the manufacturing industries with laboratories or test workshops setting.
- Familiar and understanding of EHS legal frameworks within the country, and have the ability and resourcefulness to determine the practical application of the requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with regulatory and enforcement officers.
- English (essential).
· Educated to degree level.
· A recognised EHS qualification*
· Registered Safety & Health Officer and Pollution Control Officer.
· Certified Fire Safety Manager would be desirable.
* Or actively working towards for exceptional candidates with significant experience and/or qualification.
§ Whilst ensuring Dyson maintains legal compliance and works towards best practice, the role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive can do attitude, and works towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
§ Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for EHS management.
§ Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both internally and externally.
§ Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
· Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.