- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. It’s essential that we attract and hire the best talent, and retain them to build a solid foundation for our future growth.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and talented HR Advisor to join our team in Malmesbury. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting our Operations and Quality teams in RDD. Collaborating closely with managers at all levels, you will provide comprehensive HR support to drive the success of our organisation.
As an HR Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to deliver collaborative HR solutions in partnership with our HR Business Partners. You will work hand-in-hand with business leaders and team members, ensuring that their HR needs are met in a supportive and effective manner. By developing core people processes and offering expert advice on people-related issues, you will contribute to the overall success of our organisation.
Your role will extend beyond traditional HR functions. You will have the opportunity to coach and empower leaders and managers, enabling them to enhance their leadership skills and build strong, capable teams. By supporting end-to-end organisational changes, you will help improve our business performance and ensure that our teams are future-ready.
As an integral part of our HR team, you will collaborate with various departments, including HR Shared Services, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent Development. Your contributions will be instrumental in defining, delivering, and measuring our culture and engagement initiatives across our Operations and Quality teams in RDD.
Your analytical skills will come into play as you review and evaluate employee data, producing reports on key metrics such as turnover, headcount, and absence. You will identify trends, investigate possible implications, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance our workforce and overall HR practices.
In addition, you will actively participate in multi-function project teams, supporting various business initiatives. By partnering with managers and senior leaders, you will provide guidance and coaching to effectively resolve employee relations issues.
Join our dynamic HR team and be part of an organisation that values exceptional talent and fosters a culture of growth and innovation. Together, we will create an environment where great people thrive and contribute to the success of Dyson.
- Effective relationship building skills garnered in a fast-paced HR environment
- A great communicator with the ability to influence and partner with functional managers and leaders at all levels of the business
- Extensive generalist HR experience with exposure to matrixed organisations
- Ability to demonstrate how you have supported people managers with initiatives that have made a positive impact on their team
- Experience of leading on people processes such as salary and bonus review, performance moderation and talent management
- Effective stakeholder management and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK employment legislation and experience of supporting the business with complex employee relations activity
- Previous experience of Workday would be desirable
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.