- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The HR Advisor role is a true generalist role, providing a great opportunity for an HR professional who is keen to develop their skills within a fast paced and expanding environment. This role reports to Senior HR Business Partner while working among a strong HR team and operating within a wider global team. Focused predominately on our UK populations this role also offers the opportunity for working across the Research and New Product Development teams collaborating across multiple regional and organisational cultures.
The role will interact with senior leaders at Head of and Senior Manager level, and sometimes required delivering up to Director level and above. This role requires considerable adaptability to be effective whilst jumping between different demands and challenges. You will have to be resilient and able to work with ambiguity, facilitating line managers to identify key people issues and support their People requirements. You must also be a keen influencer, driving the business strategy but challenging back to the HR world where appropriate.
About the Role
- The HR Advisor will work with business leaders and team members to deliver HR support in a proactive manner to circa 500 employees The Senior HR Advisor will collaborate in the wider HR team of generalists, HR Shared Services, Recruitment and Talent Development to deliver People solutions which drive and support the business strategy.
- Demonstrate strong professional credibility and build on-going relationships as a trusted advisor with managers and leaders
- Work closely with the business to drive core people processes. Manage and provide advice and recommendations on all people related issues.
- Coach, challenge and influence leaders & managers to develop leadership and team capability.
- Support the Senior HR Business Partners in end to end organisational change that will improve the overall business performance and ensure our teams are as effective as they can be as well as being future ready.
- Work closely with the relevant HR Centres of Excellence and HR Business Partners to define, deliver and measure Dyson’s culture and engagement initiatives across RDD and Operations.
- Support the Senior HR Business Partner, recruitment teams and hiring managers to hire the appropriate talent efficiently
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders & line managers on all HR policies and processes, resolve day to day queries effectively and support and coach people managers when dealing with ER issues.
- Provide inputs to the Senior HR Business Partner on reward and benefits requirements to ensure that they do not impact our ability to attract and retain talent.
- Review and analyse data to produce reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount, and absence), identifying and investigating possible implications of issues/trends that show up as well as driving solutions and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support business initiatives through participating in multi-function project teams as required.
- Experience in the HR generalist space
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written is essential
- Proven ability to plan and implement projects/initiatives
- Analytical skills; quickly evaluates data / situations and reaches conclusions
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Ability to work with appropriate attention to detail and high standards, whilst still working at pace
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial or engineering organisation would be highly desirable
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.