- Singapore - Singapore
You will need to be an independent self-starter, able to make decisions and at the same time be part of a global Dyson people team and help to set the standard for the HR function internationally. You will support, coach and develop local HR Business Partners to deliver the stretching agenda. Effective collaboration with HR colleagues globally and the Centres of Expertise (talent acquisition and development and reward & operations) is important to its success.
About the role
- As a member of the Global Dyson Demo Leadership team, contribute broadly to business discussions, debate and direction, challenging where appropriate and providing insights and data to drive better decisions.
- Work in collaboration with the Global Dyson Demo leadership, providing support, coaching and challenge to deliver actions that will drive organisation performance
- Develop and integrate the Retail people agenda into Regional business plans – collaborating with the Regional HRDs and working through HR CoE functions
- Champion the Future of Work experience for Retail employees – identify opportunities to use new technologies, new approaches and new talent to drive the Dyson retail experience in our own and partner stores
- Work with the HR CoE to ensure we have the right talent strategies in place for the Retail population with a focus on sales incentives, enablement and career development
- Partner closely with the Dyson Demo Training team to ensure the relevant input from across HR (e.g. manager and leadership training)
- Work with local leadership and HR teams and the Centres of Expertise to implement talent development strategies and initiatives that enable Dyson to attract and retain the best Retail talent
- Develop and champion a high performance culture across the Retail business.
- Ensure market teams coach, influence, upskill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers provide continuous feedback and development.
- As part of the extended global people leadership team, be an active member of the HR community globally, including participating in group-wide HR initiatives and global activities such as the People Survey and People Conference.
- Extend the skills of the regional HR Business Partners to ensure the team are increasingly influencing strategic development and growth.
About youYou are/have
- Worked as part of a senior leadership team whilst remaining deeply involved in the operational detail of the business
- Operated at a scale and complexity - In terms of structure, taking into account multi-geographical locations, and operational model (matrix environment)
- Rounded generalist HR skillset with experience of all disciplines - Particular expertise in building world class talent, leading change and organisation development/ restructure to drive growth would be advantageous
- Strong change leadership experience - has provided frameworks, influence and challenge to senior teams to identify and drive through organisation change in a variety of scenarios
- Experienced at working with speed, pragmatism and professionalism, ideally in an entrepreneurial culture
- Experience of working in a digital or physical retail business - Or a business that has transformed/is transforming into a digital or direct retail environment. This could have been in a range of different sectors
You possess the following competencies
- Strategic HR thinking: has clear business acumen and passion, and is able to develop and articulate an HR/OD agenda that’ll drive positive outcomes.
- Passion for Retail and delivering owner experiences that delight
- Strong influencing and collaborating skills – acts as an interface between global demo team, Commercial and ensure the operations are delivered in the right way in each region
- Identify how to motivate and engage individuals in a dynamic and challenging retail environment
- Strong understanding of how to use sales and other relevant retail incentive plans and metrics to drive business performance
- Be Shopper champion – able to see things from the shopper perspective and go the extra mile to deliver a world class experience
- High level of attention to detail
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.