- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our Finance team, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the role
This role will report into the Senior HR Business Partner and partner the Global Design Engineering and Global Supply Chain function globally.
The HRBP will work with business leaders and team members within the business and deliver HR support in a proactive manner to a team of over 500+. You will collaborate within the wider HR team of Business Partners, HR Shared Services, Recruitment and Talent Development to deliver HR solutions which are fully aligned with the business strategy. The role will require the individual to maintain a fine balance between strategy and operations.
This role will...
- Work in collaboration with the business leaders of the function and their teams to drive people and organisation performance through best in class HR intervention and actions;
- Develop and champion high-performance culture across your function. Comfortable in coaching and challenging line manager to be more effective people managers and support them in building effective teams and talent;
- Analyse organisational trends (attrition, spans, layers, engagement scores and feedback, etc.) and proactively identify opportunities and key people actions that are critical in addressing organisational and people related issues;
- Track organisational churn rate and flag out/address any inconsistencies promptly including headcount budget and people movements (transfers, promotions, hires and attritions);
- Respond timely to employee relation matters including attending to grievances and disciplinary related matters and ensure a fair resolution is attained for all parties;
- Act as a change agent and be able to develop and deliver best in class support to helps drive transformation, restructuring or cultural change;
- Lead the delivery of global core People process such as End of Year Performance Evaluations and Annual Salary Review.
- Work with our Talent Acquisition Partners to ensure effective hiring strategies which are aligned with the organization’s allocated headcount plans.
- Work with the Talent Development and leadership teams to implement initiatives to spot and develop future leadership talent.
- Develop effective on-going relationships with the leadership team and their teams, establishing yourself as a credible, respected and valued partner.
- Progressive HR Partnering experience in the HR generalist space
- Experience working within a matrix environment and structure within a global organization
- Experience of working in a technology organization - R&D would be desirable
- Experienced in Employee/Industrial Relations to a level where they can independently, but competently coach and guide managers through complex cases
- A Degree or equivalent qualification
- A high level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Strong OD skills
- An understanding of change management both operationally and strategically
- Ability to work autonomously with a remote manager
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.