- SGD Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe HR Director, APAC will play both a strategic and hands-on delivery role. It is a unique opportunity to create the APAC markets people strategy and lead operational activity related to people and talent across the APAC markets while enabling business growth and transformation as a member of the senior leadership team.
You will need to be a strong leader, able to act independently and make decisions and at the same time be part of a global Dyson people team and help to set the standard for the HR function within the region. You will support, coach and develop local HR Business Partners to deliver the stretching agenda and work with the global COEs and supporting HR teams to ensure the right HR Operating Model is implemented in the region.
- As a member of the APAC Regional Leadership team, contribute broadly to business discussions, debate and direction, challenging where appropriate and providing insights and data to drive better decisions
- Be the face of HR to the business – ensuring overall smooth and integrated execution of HR processes within the Region, handing off to COE teams as needed; represent Dyson in the local marketplace
- Work in collaboration with the APAC Regional President and senior leaders, providing support, coaching and challenge to deliver actions that will drive organisation performance, including development of their own leadership. Be a key driver in helping supporting the development of the APAC LT and creating a high performance leadership team
- Develop and integrate the people agenda into the APAC business plans and support delivery of the global People Blueprint. Ensure commercially-focused, pragmatic and efficient HR support is in place across the business.
- Ensure the organisation design is fit for purpose and spot opportunities to evolve and reshape how the business is set up and operate, to support their growth and increase their efficiency and effectiveness in line with the Enterprise Operating model. Drive transformation, restructuring or cultural change projects to support the implementation of the operating model across the APAC business including the relevant COE and group function support functions.
- Build a world class talent pipeline, ensuring the right roles, capabilities and frameworks are in place to deliver. Constantly review business and people performance, ensure succession/capability risks are understood and managed, and tackle challenges and seize opportunities over the short and long term.
- A champion of the Dyson culture and values – connected to the “pulse” of our people across the region, working closely with senior business leaders to drive organizational effectiveness and engagement. Develop and champion a high performance culture across the APAC business. Ensure market teams coach, influence, upskill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers provide continuous feedback and development.
- Deliver on the APAC implementation of the HR Operating Model changes – locally relevant organization changes, reporting lines and ways of workings (with a focus on collaboration).
- As part of the global markets people leadership team, be an active member of the HR community globally, including participating in group-wide HR initiatives and global activities and championing talent and culture across the team. Build the capability of the regional HR team with a focus on growing strategic Business Partners that drive real business outcomes.
About youIdeal experience
- Degree calibre, Group or divisional HR leader, used to operating at a senior level. Has worked as part of a senior leadership team whilst remaining deeply involved in the operational detail of the business
- Has operated at a scale and complexity – ideally worked across diverse APAC cultures, and in a matrixed operational model
- Rounded generalist HR skillset with experience of all disciplines - Particular expertise in building world class talent, successfully leading change and organisation development
- Strong change leadership experience - has provided frameworks, influence and challenge to senior teams to identify and drive through organisation change in a variety of scenarios
- Experienced at working with speed, pragmatism and professionalism, ideally in an entrepreneurial culture
- Highly credible and professional with senior stakeholders, with immediate positive impact. Intellectually agile, quick thinking and articulate.
- Strategic HR thinking: has clear business acumen and passion, and is able to develop and articulate a HR/OD agenda that’ll drive positive outcomes.
- Extremely collaborative – able to lead through influence and bring together differing and diverse perspectives, cutting through silos. A real team player
- Great relationship builder: connects effectively across a range of senior professional leaders and personalities, and can work effectively across boundaries and networks.
- Great delivery management: happy to get stuck in to the detail, creates energy and mobilises others to deliver against goals and projects, ensuring work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Results driven. Tenacious and determined to get things done in the face of ambiguity and even opposition and inspires others to do the same
- Strong, inclusive people leader, building diverse, high performance teams
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.