- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Part of a team of 8 HRIS Specialists, the role is fundamental to supporting and advancing Dyson’s usage of the core Human Capital Management system (Workday). The HRIS Specialist serves as an HR Technology point of contact for HR functional areas and assists HR subject matter experts to identify, plan and implement systems and process improvements. The Specialist will have responsibility for the successful implementation, integration, configuration, and support of Workday applications from project initiation to production roll-out.
About the role
- Act as Tier 2 support to global business users and HR to include: troubleshooting system issues, defect resolution, maintaining system structure data, assisting with ad-hoc reporting requests, and administering annual HR core Workday related processes.
- Take ownership of queries and actively manage these, providing best in class service and customer experience, whilst ensuring that advice adheres to policies and procedures.
- Act as an SME and demonstrate deep understanding in the various Workday modules, including configuration, testing, and implementation for HCM, Reporting & Analytics, Compensation, Talent and Performance, Absence Management, Time Tracking and Security.
- Conduct working sessions with users to gather, understand, and analyse business requirements. Recommend solution(s) based on evaluation of best courses of action.
- Work with developers, project managers, business analysts, HR business partners and quality assurance staff to ensure that they fully understand the requirements, which includes reviewing high-level technical designs and detailed testing documentation.
- Configure changes and updates to existing Workday modules, managing and promoting the changes through the appropriate Dyson software development cycle and change processes.
- Support the delivery of key projects, including Workday module enhancements, other HR system implementations/changes and customer service delivery improvements.
- Prepare and run data uploads into Workday using appropriate EIB templates.
- Carry out data audits and reporting to support regular or adhoc business requirements.
- Advise on and implement business re-organisations and hierarchy restructures.
- Provide subject matter expertise on key business process decisions.
- Develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions and requirements that are extensible to future business needs.
- Advise stakeholders on industry standards/best practices and provide suggestions to achieve clean configuration and streamlined processes.
- Look to ensure the users takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Partner with IT resources to test, document, maintain, and support Workday interface solutions to share data with other applications.
- Ensure all processes documentation and learning materials, including GWIs, Learning Materials, and FAQs are kept up to date.
- Conduct regular self-learning using existing materials available via Workday Community and other available channels.
- • Actively take part and demonstrate ownership in other HR-wide team initiatives as they arise.
About youThe successful candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience gathering requirements, designing, delivering, and supporting business transformation using Workday in Absence Management, Time Tracking and Security.
- Involvement in at least one full lifecycle Workday implementation project
- Experience working in a multi-national technology organisation
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Knowledge and experience across a range of SaaS HRIS and web-based talent management or HR service delivery tools, including Cornerstone, ServiceNow or Avature.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to develop complex reports using functions, formulas, and/or macros.
- Extensive HR systems reporting, HR process, and project management experience.
- HR experience, and a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to react quickly to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- A team player with the aptitude to work independently as well as cross-functionally
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to delivering excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, analyse problems and demonstrate the ability to overcome barriers.
- Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.