- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
You'll be an experienced embedded software engineer with excellent knowledge in software build / test / release process for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD). Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will be a key member of the embedded software platform team and contribute to the development of CI/CD pipeline, sensors integration, system kernel and board bring up, and providing unified hardware abstraction layer to enable the development of more complex behaviour features in the upper application layer of edge devices.
You desire to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in both C and C++11 and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of firmware and application code.
You'll collaborate with architects, software, firmware and hardware engineers, manufacturing test engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of AI-powered devices’ challenges posed by the ever-expanding Dyson product portfolio.
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of software build/test/release pipeline for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) of embedded system products.
- Design and development of the firmware and software platforms to enable behaviours/application engineers to implement features on AI-enabled products and facilitate mass production.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including image build / test / release, hardware abstraction layer discussion, manufacturing test / verification methodology, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking.
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance and test automation efficiency.
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
Key Skills / Experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of work experience in embedded system development
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline setup.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux toolchain, Yocto build system, version control tool (git), configuration, etc.
- Experience in board bring up and Linux kernel porting for system integration.
- Experience with debug tool like GDB, Linux driver development and testing experience is highly desired
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Excellent object-oriented programming (OOP) capability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with both C and C++11.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as Python and Bash.
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Experience in sensors / camera / BT / Wifi modules integration and calibration is plus.
- Experience in Real Time OS and MCU programming is a plus
- Low level debugging experience, such as by JLink, Oscilloscope, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams (including hardware/firmware/system/software engineers and suppliers’ FAE), and technically support development (such as manufacturing test engineers).
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.