- India - Gurgaon Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by Sir James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
About the Role:
As Creative Lead you are the mentor to the local creative and marketing team. Your strength of experience includes branding and adherence to guidelines, an eye for design and layout details, finished art and production skills, working with third party production and creative/digital agencies, knowledge of online advertising and social platforms content with e-commerce skills a bonus, retail activations, shopper marketing and experiential design, and strong leadership and cross team collaboration skills.
- Work to creative direction from Group and lead local development of adapted Global asset executions in the market
- Drive design execution work for a broad range of items throughout the customer journey, including Shopper Marketing, (brochures, trade incentives, in-store POS, promotions), PR, Experiential, Digital (including Social Media channels) through strong working relationships across all functions of the business
- Review all marketing executions across digital, retail, social, brand and commercial for guideline consistency (excellence in execution)
- Work closely with the marketing team including accompanying brand managers in weekly artwork alignment with Marketing Director
- Provide summary overviews of all marketing activities and executions to Regional Creative Director on an appropriate basis. Escalate issues and opportunities requiring support
- Adherence to global guidelines with identification of executional gaps required by your market
- Working with Marketing director to refine Architecture and lead training workshops in relation to guidelines
- Attend weekly WIP meetings with Third Party agencies to assess, review and provide revision feedback on production and creative work
- Complete work in the timescales agreed and adhere to the schedules developed for Production
- Understanding the strategy and tactical direction for the local market
- Absorb Dyson communications strategies from key marketing stakeholders
- Brief creation: When a brief has been approved, meet with the brief owner - discuss, scope, shape and define the brief. All must agree the direction the brief should take.
- Creative progress: Ensure the concepts and creative direction aligns to Dyson standards and brief owner’s needs. Interrogate the solutions presented.
- Share findings, insights and work where appropriate with Group Creative Heads on NPD, Retail and Digital projects. Recommend routes based on a clear understanding of both Group direction and local market requirements.
- Channel integration: Appreciate each type of media and what they can bring to the overall campaign and ensure that the work is integrated (either creatively or if not certainly strategically) across all of the media channels.
- Overseeing and manage the roll-out of campaign kits in studio.
Leading The Creative:
- Leading, developing and managing a studio creative team.
- Work with third party production agencies on translation and transcreation of global assets to suit local market requirements
- Connect with relevant Group Global leads for support and guidance on campaign kits and product launch activities
- Manage, mentor and review individuals performances against set goals.
- Expand in-house capabilities and reduce reliance on third party agencies where appropriate for the purpose of greater control and adherence to Dyson guidelines
- A business objective. Take creative lead on campaign briefs. Investigating creative ideas and developing the concepts into working solutions. Develop working solutions to meet strategic marketing objectives.
- The presentation of campaign resolutions is key to the role. Deliver creative solutions that fulfil the creative requirements of the brief.
- Ensure the design and layout of the creative solutions are typographically and visually refined and on brand.
- Refine the design by taking the concept to the next level of design, from rough solutions to refined design.
• A minimum of 10+ years of experience in a senior creative, creative director or creative leadership role within a branding, design or advertising agency (or equivalent client-side role)
• Experience in leading and mentoring other designers, setting tasks and checking their work at key milestones to ensure they are on-brief and adhere to Dyson guidelines
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates visual identity/branding understanding and expertise in designing across multiple online and offline channels
• Knowledge of the India market and the unique challenges, behaviors, channels and cultural nuances of Indian consumers
• Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets – capacity to effectively trans-create whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept
• Extensive knowledge of creative/design software tools, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch
• Bachelor’s degree in visual communication, graphic design, advertising or similar field
Benefits: As per industry standards - #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.