- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
Project management and delivery
- Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
- Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU activities and those external to IT.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work with Programme Manager, Head of Programme Management and Head of Infrastructure to negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
- Produce project highlight reports
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
Budget and financials
- Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
- Manage the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly LE to Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management.
- Track and measure business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Do not accept ‘average’ or ‘Ok’, only excellence is acceptable.
Key skills required:
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including either DSDM / Agile PM and / or PRINCE2.
- Good working knowledge of Confluence / Jira and Microsoft Project.
- Robust risk management.
Key experience required:
- At least 3 years’ experience of IT Infrastructure project management (e.g. Network, server, storage, datacentre, Unified Communications, new office builds) , ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of £200k.
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- An agent of change.
- Business change management / communication planning.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
- Natural leader.
- Creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Open, honest and responsible.
- Team player.
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high pressured commercial arrangements.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure!
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.