- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Technologies Team Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product
Development and Finance & Procurement. Digital Business Technologies - Programme and Project Management Practice Vision We deliver successful transformation enabling programmes and projects. With the determination to disrupt the status quo in pursuit of excellence, we empower Dyson to be different by delivering authentic and innovative solutions that make Dyson a pioneering company.
About the role
- Reporting to the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering medium complexity projects up to £1m in value at pace, providing sound decision making and calm leadership under pressure.
- Building high performing project teams using matrix management to ensure that the team is effective in achieving project goals and securing business buy-in through effective stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Accelerating the wider Dyson business by upholding the highest standards of project management.
- As an active and engaged member of the PPM community of practice you will be expected to identify and realise opportunities for continuous improvement in our ways of working.
- Ensuring excellent financial stewardship by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating, management and forecasting.
- Embedding quality across all aspects of the project to deliver successfully with no major issues at go live; this includes effective management of change, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Delivering positive feedback from key Dyson stakeholders by ensuring that projects are appropriately structured, well planned and executed.
- Seeking out opportunities for innovation by identifying and leveraging delivery accelerators that improve the speed of delivery and/or the cost to serve.
- Developing your career at Dyson by creating and owning your professional and personal development plan, using the PPM talent development framework to baseline your capabilities and identify stretch targets to build your career.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills including the ability to convey complex messages effectively to a diverse range of audiences and deliver difficult messages whist maintaining buy-in
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
- Keen problem solver with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to operate and thrive with high levels of ambiguity and the resilience to "bounce-back"
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace in a complex environment.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.