- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class IT Services and Systems. We demand the highest standards of performance from the technologies we engineer and our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim is to strategically partner to shape our future business, to provide exceptional IT service delivery and continuity whilst driving continuous improvement to deliver transformational change across the company. We are a team that drives operational excellence within IT to achieve exceptional results.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience and Retail, Engineering Operations, (Product development, Supply Chain and Manufacturing) and Enterprise (Finance, Legal, Compliance, HR).
About the role
The Business Applications Service Operations practice works closely on a daily basis with business stakeholders, strategic partners, IT professionals and application delivery teams to proactively create, manage and maintain business solutions and IT Services for the global Dyson business. In the role of Technical Product Owner (BAS Infrastructure), your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s infrastructure for incident recovery and problem analysis
- Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify, plan, prioritise and coordinate infrastructure requirements for application service designs in line with future trends and EA/SA strategies and roadmaps
- Working with technical teams and Service Owners to provision sufficient budget for Application Services infrastructure investment planning, maintenance and/or service risk acceptance.
- Coordinating BAS infrastructure technical resourcing and change schedules across different DevOps work-streams (projects/programmes, Enhancements, Operations)
- Maintaining a technical debt register for the BAS infrastructure estate and working with technical delivery teams to prioritise activities for infrastructure stability and reduction of technical debt
- Providing stewardship for the robustness and maturity of Dysons application services infrastructure through technical governance with IT Teams, Strategic Partners and Business Stakeholders - including provisioning of BAS infrastructure size and utilization, monitoring/alerting, capacity, redundancy and database backups and failure point recovery objectives.
- Planning BAS infrastructure upgrades, maintenance schedules and technical changes - including coordination of service outages with service owners and business stakeholders and providing technical approval for IT CAB
- Producing detailed Application Services DR/BCP plans and facilitating routine failover/bail back tests with the IT infrastructure team
- Supporting application service owners with technical accountability for Application Services infrastructure - including provisioning hosting contracts and chairing internal/external service reviews with infrastructure providers
- Providing senior level MI on BAS infrastructure trends, risks and mitigation actions.
- Acting as the infrastructure authority for application services and working across all stakeholders to ensure compliance with application services ways of working.
- Advocate of business change and innovation.
- Ability to influence others and communicate with impact at senior levels across the organisation
- Ability to lead the resolution of service related risks through a range of internal and external resources
- Ability to structure and implement organisational processes, procedures and knowledge retention
- Ability to produce meaningful Senior level reports on status, trends and performance
- Experience of architectural design for front office infrastructure
- Experience of AWS Cloud Solutions
- Experience of implementing and shaping the infrastructure strategy for application services
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to balance the needs of business change with the needs for platform change and technical stability
- Experience of front office applications (E-Com/CDN/PGW/Data Integration/ID management/Fraud & Risk/CRM).
- Experience of ERP applications (SAP/S4 Hana, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain).
- Experience of Service Now, Advanced Excel, Visio, Sharepoint, Teams, Confluence, Jira.
- Experience of Atlassian tools - including confluence / Jira.
- Experience of continuous delivery through agile design, development and test.
- Experience of on-prem/cloud/cloud auto-scale/SaaS/PaaS strategic solutions.
- Experience of 3rd party vendor performance management.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.