- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. But it is not enough to simply solve these problems. We need to solve them FIRST.
Dyson invests heavily in research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We are creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful.
To succeed, we need to protect our innovation and keep our secrets, secret. A strong security culture helps us ensure that our new technologies stay way ahead of our competitors and amaze our customers. Every employee has an important part to play in protecting our intellectual property and our commercially sensitive information.
About The Job
The Insider Risks program exists to protect our commercially sensitive information. The program sits within our Group Security team, whose mission is to enable Dyson to do business in a safe and secure environment by identifying and managing risk. We protect our people and our reputation, and prevent loss of revenues and assets.
The Insider Risks team ensures that the policies and standards we use to protect our information are followed and proactively enforced internally and throughout our supply chain. We help our employees and third parties understand how and why our sensitive information remains confidential, and we provide training on our security culture. When employees, contractors or partners place our intellectual property or sensitive information at risk of unauthorised exposure, we investigate and take the appropriate action to enforce our policies.
- You will author polices/rules in the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite to meet the business data protection objectives, using best practice, knowledge and judgement in the context of existing and planned rules.
- You will provide advice and guidance as to the art of the possible for Information Protection and provide options based on a broad knowledge of the current and planned Dyson data protection capabilities and provide guidance on the business impact of those options.
- You will monitor alerts triggered as a result of technical rule violations, making judgements as to next steps.
- You will continue to refine technical rules to ensure alerts are genuine and meaningful, reducing the volume of false positives.
- You will configure and produce reporting within the DLP tooling, providing business visibility of user behavior.
- You will assist in identifying opportunities for improvements, across process and tooling.
- You will follow standard validation and change control processes.
- You will adhere to sensitive data handling controls and guidance.
- You will support the wider team of investigators and senior analysts who undertake highly sensitive and commercially significant investigations into breaches of our policies and standards, undertaking those investigations within the scope of the law and our company rules.
- You will be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, diverse environment.
- You will have high ethical standards, self-discipline and a strong sense of confidentiality.
- You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- You will be able to operate effectively in a high-paced environment.
- You will have the ability to analyse, organise and summarise complex patterns of data into business reports.
- You will have an understanding of Data Protection legislation and its applicability to employee monitoring.
- You will have an exceptional level of attention to detail, and the ability to present complex, well-evidenced findings in a concise and logical manner.
- You will be able to manage a complex workload, and comply with demanding timelines and reporting obligations.
- You will have the ability to follow procedures, maintain quality standards, understand regulatory requirements and adhere to company policies and controls.
Qualifications and experience:
- You will have at least two years’ experience in an IT analyst role, ideally in systems administration.
- You will have knowledge of Active Directory, to understand how to apply rules to the right people.
- You will have the ability to assess threats, vulnerabilities and risk as per the Dyson risk framework.
- You will have knowledge of Data Privacy laws and procedures.
- You will be competent in the use of Microsoft office solutions and database management.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.