- Security and Risk
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson invests heavily in research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We are creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful.
To succeed, we need to protect our innovation and keep our secrets, secret. A strong security culture helps us ensure that our new technologies stay way ahead of our competitors and amaze our customers. Every employee has an important part to play in protecting our intellectual property and our commercially sensitive information.
About the roleThe Insider Risks program exists to protect our commercially sensitive information. The program sits within our Group Security team, whose mission is to enable Dyson to do business in a safe and secure environment by identifying and managing risk. We protect our people and our reputation, and prevent loss of revenues and assets.
The Insider Risks team ensures that the policies and standards we use to protect our information are followed and proactively enforced internally and throughout our supply chain . We help our employees and third parties understand how and why our sensitive information remains confidential, and we provide training on our security culture. When employees, contractors or partners place our intellectual property or sensitive information at risk of unauthorised exposure, we investigate and take the appropriate action to enforce our policies.
- You will undertake highly sensitive and commercially significant investigations into breaches of our policies and standards, undertaking those investigations within the scope of the law and our company rules.
- You will collect and analyse data through in-house and publicly available information to identify patterns of unusual behaviour which place our intellectual property and sensitive information at risk of unauthorised exposure.
- You will use a breadth of technical and investigative knowledge, skills and tools to discern and resolve conflicting facts or evidence. You will be comfortable working with large and diverse patterns of data to build a clear and factual picture of events.
- You will present factually accurate investigation reports, supported by clear evidence, to support the company in taking action to enforce its policies where appropriate.
- As part of your investigations, you will identify vulnerabilities in our information security procedures, and make recommendations on mitigating or closing those vulnerabilities.
- You will consult with business stakeholders to identify and protect sensitive information.
- You will provide training and education to managers and business leaders on insider risks, and help them resolve concerns about employee behaviours.
- You will liaise with law enforcement and industry groups to identify trends in Insider Risk mitigation, and develop strategies to deploy industry best practice across Dyson.
- You will support the evolution of our policies and our security culture, using knowledge gained during investigations about our exposure to risk.
- Where necessary, you will support disciplinary proceedings which result from Insider Risk investigations.
- You will be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, diverse environment.
- You will have high ethical standards, self-discipline and a strong sense of confidentiality.
- You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- You will be able to travel extensively and at short notice, often internationally.
- You will be able to operate effectively in a high-paced environment.
- You will have the ability to analyse complex patterns of evidence to effectively to inform decision-making.
- You will have a strong understanding of Data Protection legislation and its applicability to investigations.
- You will have a strong working knowledge of investigative best-practice, and the ability to lead complex investigations in a broad range of commercial settings.
- You will have an exceptional level of attention to detail, and the ability to present complex, well evidenced findings in a concise and logical manner.
- You will be able to manage a complex workload, and comply with demanding timelines and reporting obligations.
- You will have the ability to follow procedures, maintain quality standards, understand regulatory requirements and adhere to company policies and controls.
- You will be calm under pressure, and demonstrate authority and control in challenging circumstances.
Qualifications and experience:
- You will have at least five years’ experience in managing the security of sensitive information, and leading or supporting complex commercial investigations.
- You will have experience of providing training in a commercial environment, ideally on issues related to the protection of sensitive information.
- You will have a demonstrated track record of managing a complex workload
- You will ideally bring experience of gathering evidence through computer forensic processes.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.