- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. Our pioneering culture pushes us to be different and better. Everything we do is centred around designing our technology and experiences to help solve everyday problems. At Dyson we believe everything could be better.
The Global Claims Standard and Insights (CSI) Team mission is to understand and embed knowledge of the consumer in order to position Dyson technology in its most differentiating way. We work in the hub of the action; interfacing between RDD, Commercial and other business functions to ensure more informed decisions are made throughout the Dyson product development framework.
About the role
This is a unique role in the Global Claims, Standards & Insights function.
As a team we need to be ahead of what our stakeholders need before they know they need it and it is our key Insight knowledge sharing platform, Searchable, that is key to delivering this as easily and efficiently as possible. Local market understanding is essential in delivering this and guiding global business decision making and the Searchable platform is essential to make sure everyone can access content (e.g. insights, claims, science etc) globally as effortlessly as possible to make sure we are up to date and informed at all times.
The role is one that balances focus on driving further implementation of Searchable as well as working with local markets to align on future research. This is a key role in making sure we limit duplication across global and local teams as much as possible through establishing guidelines and ensuring teams are reusing previous work as much as possible.
A key element of this is our Research management tool which helps teams navigate through the briefing process and highlights to the insight community what is being worked on, when and making sure this is up to date with the latest research will be a key element in this role.
We are looking for a curious, passionate Insights Knowledge Manager who will be responsible for establishing an organisational culture that promotes and supports knowledge sharing through Searchable platform.
- To work with the Senior Insight and Claims Managers on the plans and future aspirations for Searchable to understand what is working, what could be improved and how to deliver further implementation of Searchable and the Research Management Tools.
- Exploits opportunities for the group and market commercial teams to derive maximum benefits from re-using market research projects and other knowledge through organising monthly newsletter and if appropriate, knowledge sharing forum.
- Deploying comms and training materials to drive further uptake of the tool, and runs after action review sessions.
- Develops the right networks to ensure Searchable knowledge management and sharing platform is integral to strategic decision-making across commercial.
- Setting up quarterly calls with local markets to align and consult on scope requirements for future research.
- Support and collaborate with the wider Group Insight and Claims team with answering key stakeholder questions.
- Curate knowledge and content on topics that are needed (e.g. insights and science knowledge zones, claims database etc) for business critical questions that will support out commercial teams and communicate relevant content to key stakeholders.
- To challenge the status quo of existing processes to drive more impact of Searchable across the business.
- Governance of Searchable and Research Management tool; develop good practise for knowledge validation, document naming which ensure positive and supportive contribution from teams; establish guidelines to ensure uptake of Searchable and Research Management Platform.
- Ensure knowledge flow between Searchable and other systems e.g. MS Teams.
Desired skills and experience:
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/ Advanced/ Higher/ Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Marketing related subject, numerate degree or equivalent.
- Ideally minimum 2 years’ experience within consumer electronics / consumer goods industries.
- Experienced in the use of qualitative and quantitative research and insight.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, and to be able to quickly identify key themes and opportunities from the data.
- Demonstrable analytical prowess - able to scrutinise claims and copy and identify subtleties, flaws and inferences that might enable others to challenge the validity of Dyson advertising,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
- Highly motivated self-starter; able to pick things up and happy to explore opportunities without a rigid framework or direct supervision.
- Adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges and able to pick things up quickly. Open minded and not wedded to traditional ways of doing things.
- Able to nurture relationships, manage stakeholders and work with a number of local markets.
- Confident in communicating to senior stakeholders and having influence on decisions.
- Resourceful, bright and engaging. Can devise creative ways to deliver insight to a broad range of customers.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills – able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Excellent prioritization skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in the most constructive way.
- Confident in working for a technology lead company. Engineering always comes first.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.