- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleAs the GB&I Insights Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business.
A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective. This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Owner Experience, BI&A) drive consumer-centric strategies, to present forward-thinking consumer trends, and to socialise shopper, market, and product insight.
The Insights Manager will help develop and execute strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight hunting and validation process. As a key provider of key business insights and implications, you will outline research needs, design studies, and manage multiple research suppliers to provide actionable research insights. You will serve as an insights expert using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to leveraging syndicated research (NPD, etc.) to add to your analysis.
This role requires a person with a creative approach who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team. Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
- Manage Brand Health tracking study, output, and implications, working with commercial, media, and agency partners to assess meaningful brand and competitor insights.
- Use longitudinal data to make recommendations that aid business performance, effectively storytelling and present data to bring entire organisation along
- Lead research pipeline development related to expanded retail stores and optimised Dyson digital experience, including both custom research and syndicated data analysis to optimise Dyson positioning and consumer experience
- Source, arrange and communicate data that accurately tracks business performance Review, compile and communicate tracking and syndicated data to the key areas of the business (sales, finance, marketing, management)
- Flush out development of shopper insights function to start new capability focused on Dyson as a retailer with understanding of Shoppers at the core of how we succeed
- Partner with internal customer data team to optimise owner experience, including optimising Dyson loyalty program and touch-points that communicate the Dyson point of difference
- Assess and develop plan to optimise Dyson NPS score across touch-points to create a KPI infrastructure that helps manage overall brand experience and reputation. Lead insights work related to understanding competitors that play in this space.
- Identify key market and cultural trends relevant to business objectives
- Lead insights work to fully understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviours, key functional and emotional requirements, usage occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learning's into insights to be used as foundations for strategic action
- Lead regular submission of core market insights to senior stakeholders to elevate owner understanding of local market dynamics
- Develop enhanced ways of working between market and group, focusing on collaboration between insights, competitive, and other key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to drive Dyson growth, disseminate learning's internally, including leadership, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure internal alignment and understanding of consumer and market needs
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximise learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts.
- Fulfil other duties as required:
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions, and proactively use data to help drive Dyson strategy
- Minimum 5-7 years in market research
- Client and agency side experience preferable
- Retailer/account presentation experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Economics, Finance or a related field required
- Proven strategic thinking
- Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in statistics, experimental design, survey creation and analysis
- Data triangulation experience a must
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Building the New and Different; Creating the climate for success; Goes the extra mile; Thrives in change environment; Is an ambassador for the team
- Passionate Perseverance; Getting the best Result; Never wants to give up; Sets an standard of excellence in everything they do
- Gets back up again after set backs
- Focused on getting the right answer by thinking hard – looking for detail and patterns;
- Looks well beyond the obvious; sees opportunities where others don’t;
- Has vision of what is possible and a desire use great ideas to drive change;
- Spots connections not seen by others
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.