- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our Software team develops app integration and ensures connectivity in our machines.
Our new product teams take radical new ideas and develop them into reality. They explore the limits of our technology and optimise it through relentless experimenting, testing and iterating. They then develop new ways to test and evaluate performance, to accurately.
About the role
Our Interaction Designer will get involved from UX Research to interaction design, prototyping and testing of concepts. Our goal is to make the best use of connectivity in its many applications to enhance the product experience for the user. You will own and define the proposition for how we leverage connectivity through innovative technology or applied design. You will work alongside the wider design teams to be involved in early stage of projects to gather insights and turn these into design recommendations. Working alongside software, UX and UI teams, the proposition is then prototyped and specified to a level that can be handed over to production teams. You will remain involved while in production and development to ensure the vision is maintained, monitor feedback interrogating analytics post-launch to understand how to continually improve our future products.
- Distilling research, insight and good design practice into product features and related user/business benefits
- Identifying opportunities to address pain points and problems through well designed connected features and use of the latest technologies and platforms
- Securing stakeholder buy-in and sign off for a validated proposition (that can be delivered within the cost and time-frame parameters of the project)
- Defining how connected features might be designed and implemented to a level where they can be validated estimated against and prototyped
- Working alongside Visual Designers and Developers to ensure that the UI and interaction design direction is in line with the proposed product experience
- Understanding tech limitations and development constraints and knowing where to push vs. where to adapt solutions to be more pragmatic and deliverable
- Working alongside Creative and Software teams to prototype experiences that can be validated before they are passed over to production
- Defining ‘happy-path’ user flows, based on realistic scenarios
- Wireframing and creating lo-fi prototypes for early testing and validation of ideas
- Degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/HRI, Interaction Design or other field emphasising product interaction, or related work experience in UX design-related role.
- Experience in a design-related role (UX, interaction design, product design) relating to at least one of the following: app design, IoT, Smart-Home, wearables, VUI
- Interest in design thinking, interaction design, usability, accessibility and information design
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Please include your portfolio in your application
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.