- Singapore - Singapore
This role will be a key part of the Singapore-hub of the global Internal Audit team, which reports through the Director of Internal Audit & Risk to the Senior Independent Director on the Dyson Group’s Board.
About the roleReporting to the Head of Internal Audit Operations within the global Internal Audit & Risk team, you will individually contribute in providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally; and help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented. You will also act as business partner to designated business units.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the Group operates internationally and involves high levels of exposure to senior management.The role requires previous internal audit experience and specifically in the manufacture of consumer products. Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Apply the function’s Engagement Strategy, specifically acting as business partner to the Research, Design & Development (RDD); Manufacturing; and Operations functions based in both SEA (Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines) and the UK, with the aim of increasing the team’s understanding of the business and vice-versa
- Provide input to the Internal Audit Plan for agreement by the Audit Committee
- Agree the objectives / scope of audit reviews and resulting remedial actions directly with senior management
- Perform audit reviews in accordance with the agreed Internal Audit plan, individual review objectives and the function’s methodology
- Discuss findings with senior management on a timely basis
- Deliver high quality reports that succinctly identify practical opportunities to improve the effectiveness of internal controls
- Track progress in addressing agreed audit actions and effectively support the timely closure of audit issues through direct liaison with senior management
- Provide input and insights to Senior Staff Group, Executive Council, Board and Audit Committee reports as required
- Contribute to initiatives aimed at developing and improving the Group’s internal control, risk management and governance frameworks; and improving the Internal Audit & Risk function
- Act as a point of contact for governance, risk and control queries, driving and sharing best practice across the Group
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects and investigations as required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor)
- Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity at all times
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
- Proactive and commercial approach to problem solving
- Experience in developing relationships with senior management across all areas of the business and to influence these stakeholders to effect change
- Good understanding of the key risks, expected controls and effective auditing techniques in respect of in-house and contract manufacturing of consumer products
- Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group
- Calm under pressure
- Diplomatic when presenting findings while remaining robust under challenge
- Credibility at senior management level, including with C-level Executives
- Willingness to travel internationally
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.