- Internal Audit and Risk
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit Operations within the global Internal Audit & Risk team, you will individually contribute in providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally; and help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented. You will also act as business partner to designated business units.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the Group operates internationally and involves high levels of exposure to senior management.
The role requires previous internal audit experience, preferably within a global technology company that designs, manufactures and sells products directly to the consumer. The role will also line manage members of the Finance Graduate/Intern scheme for the period they rotate through the Internal Audit & Risk team.
Lead the audit team on Engagements
- Develop and propose objectives and scope of internal audit reviews for discussion with senior management, Head of IA Cluster and Global IA Director.
- Lead audit engagements end to end, i.e., from planning, execution to report delivery
- Execute audit reviews in accordance with review objectives and Internal Audit methodology. Test key controls for design and operating effectiveness and identify control gaps / red flags indicating fraud may have been committed.
- Review findings and working papers of team members to ensure they sufficiently document information obtained, analysis made, and support conclusions.
- Communicate key findings, risks / impact and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to senior management on a timely basis.
- Apply agile methodology during engagement execution to ensure delivery in accordance with agreed timelines; and audit approach / procedures adapted in accordance with the risks identified.
- Deliver high quality audit reports that succinctly identify practical opportunities to improve the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Track progress in addressing agreed audit actions and effectively support the timely closure of audit issues by the auditee.
- Provide input to the annual Internal Audit Plan that would be approved by the Audit Committee
People Management & Leadership
- Manage/ Supervise audit team on site to secure engagement delivery within the agreed timeline and expected work quality.
- Guide and ensure the team complies with professional standards relevant to scope of work.
- Enhance professional development of Internal Auditors and Senior Internal Auditors through coaching and mentoring.
- Manage engagement-specific relationship with co-source partner/staff.
- Manage and resolve conflicts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Main point of contact with coordinators appointed by Executives for audit action follow-up.
- Provide input to and / or participate in meetings with Senior Management / Executives.
Educated to degree level or equivalent from a recognized institution
Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor)
Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity at all times
Excellent English written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
Proactive and commercial approach to problem solving
Experience in developing relationships with senior management across all areas of the business and to influence these stakeholders to effect change
Good understanding of the key risks, expected controls and effective auditing techniques in respect of in-house and contract manufacturing of consumer products
Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group
Willingness to travel internationally
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.