- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptional Communications Manager to advance Dyson’s story and share important updates with Dyson people. The role is instrumental in keeping people across Dyson on top of our Blueprint (our annual strategy), sharing stories that bring to life our culture and communicating news, both good and bad.
You will have an outstanding understanding of internal communications and employee engagement, communications channels, events and the wider media landscape. The ability to tell inspiring stories is a given.
About the role
- Communications Strategy and planning: as part of the Internal Communications Team across product narratives, corporate narratives and people engagement.
- Market liaison: to ensure we share consistent messaging with Dyson People globally. Ensure that Group-led narratives are adopted locally, and that Dyson People globally have a chance to hear our stories.
- Communications Channels: Support the team to implement new channels of communication and use investigative, copywriting, events and storytelling skills to surface authentic, different and pioneering stories from around Dyson.
- Advisory: Provide counsel to senior leaders on the messaging for broadcast announcements and longer-term horizon scanning – helping them share news in a factual, enjoyable way with our people globally.
- Insight and Analysis: use monitoring tools to measure internal communications and constantly learn from insight to improve how we communicate.
- Product Narratives: working alongside the Product Communications team to understand the principles behind our latest NPD and creating an internal strategy for launches and ongoing product narratives – both globally and locally.
- People engagement: Work with the People team to build strategies for how we can engage our people, through recognition programmes, Pulse surveys and other people-led initiatives.
- Corporate Narratives: Align with the corporate communications team to share stories around the James Dyson Foundation / James Dyson Award, Sustainability, the Dyson Institute and Dyson Farming.
Qualities and Competencies:
- Advanced writing and editing skills with a keen eye for a story and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communications skills with ability to present, listen and influence.
- Strong project management skills – organisational, planning and attention to detail working on multiple complex projects at any one time.
- Event / project management experience – knowing how to execute and run an event that is engaging and well organised, keeping a cool head under pressure and being able to change and pivot around challenges.
- Strategic and critical thinking and offering counsel to team and senior stakeholders.
- Good relationship builder across functions and markets.
- Strong knowledge of various communications channels. Team player who is able to stay calm, logical and confident.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life assurance.
- Sport centre.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised café and restaurants.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.