- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The person in the role will work with external tax advisors to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of returns. In addition to assisting in compliance, the person will also be involved in providing support to the business as and when the need arises. This involves ensuring all tax implications of a given business initiative, be it corporate tax, VAT or employment taxes, are considered and where required working with IT to ensure underlying systems are impact assessed, with necessary changes then being made.
About the role
- Ensuring the corporate tax and withholding tax compliance arrangements are monitored and reviewed in each country and to highlight and drive process efficiencies where needed.
- Review from a tax perspective the compliance documents and to ensure they are filed by the required statutory deadline and any relevant payment(s) made.
- Building and managing the relationship with Dyson’s Global outsourcer, other advisors, the overseas finance teams and our Shared Service Centre to support in these objectives.
- Work with the global outsourcer and local Dyson entities to produce the tax provisions for inclusion in the group and local statutory accounts.
- Work with the local Dyson entities and advisors to ensure that local tax audits are managed effectively and in-line with group policies.
- Work with the local teams and advisors to understand the business and the tax issues that arise and need to be managed.
- Work with the employment, VAT, group tax reporting and customs advisors to ensure that any related tax issues are handled correctly.
- Monitoring the inter-company loan positions with regards to thin capitalisation and ensure withholding tax is properly accounted for on any interest paid under those loans, obtaining treaty clearance in order to apply the lower rate of withholding tax where necessary.
- Dividend repatriation, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is generated to support both the tax computations and dividend payments.
- Keeping apace of developments in international tax changes and assessing their impact on the business.
- Ad hoc project work either international or UK focused dependent on need.
- Degree qualified and Qualified Accountant or Tax Advisor.
- Ideally has 5-7 years tax experience in practice and/or industry.
- Working knowledge of the corporate tax regimes in the US and Europe. US experience in particular will be valued.
- Solution driven.
- Able to juggle many projects simultaneously.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Effective and diplomatic in dealing with colleagues in other countries and departments and with third party advisors.
- Good communication skills including being able to pitch information at the right level.
- Able to grow with the role as the group itself grows.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Working independently without needing detailed support.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.