- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
The Group Tax & Customs function are focused on supporting all areas of the business with growth plans and day-to-day operations, along with meeting our tax compliance obligations. The team have people based in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Poland, China, and the US. Specifically, the International Tax Team manages the corporate tax and associated compliance for our group companies in Europe and the Middle East (over 20 jurisdictions).
About the role
As our International Tax Manager, you will primarily work with internal finance teams and external tax advisors to ensure timely and accurate compliance. You will be involved in overseeing the end-to-end process from reviewing tax provisions for inclusion in statutory accounts, reviewing corporate tax and withholding tax returns, ensuring timely tax payments through to managing post-filing tax audits.
You may also be involved in providing support to the business, ensuring all tax implications of a given business initiative are considered. Where required you will work with IT to ensure underlying systems are impact assessed, with necessary changes being made. This may include setting up presence in new countries, expansion of activities in existing locations and dealing with changes in business models.
Success in this role will require you to build a strong understanding of the business operations and setup. This will allow you to properly assess the impact of developments in tax law/practice to the business.
- Background in financial accounting, reporting and/or auditing, preferably with an accounting and/or tax qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting and/or corporate environment
- Ability to multi-task, handle deadlines and implement practical solutions
- A keen interest in and ability to grasp tax laws of other countries
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.