- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. However, most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept in Cell Material Characterisation (CMC) puts the development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The team serve the junction point for the cell physical embodiment against the aspirations of the chemistry system and deliver a solution to meet aspirations of both.
About the role
Being part of the CMC, this role is the junction point for the cell physical embodiment against the aspirations of the chemistry system and delivering a solution to meet aspirations of both. A successful candidate will work closely with engineers towards full measurement and analysis of incoming raw materials for their quality control.
Reporting initially to the Lead of IQC team,, the role will encompass technical operations, analysis and communications.
- Perform characterization activities for incoming raw materials, ensuring their crucial properties of form, composition and function are accurately tested according to established test methods.
- Establish quality standards based on vendor CoA and manufacturing processes, inspect incoming materials and approve by confirming specifications or reject unacceptable materials.
- Document characterisation results by completing reports and logs, label the accepted/rejected lots, and input data into quality database.
- You will be part of the subject matter expert team for quantitative and qualitative characterisation activity.
- Be confident in the operations of characterisation equipment, data acquisition and processing.
- General maintenance of cell characterisation equipment and when necessary, alert engineers on risks of operations.
- Be part of the characterization structure, contribute and support representing ESD within Dyson.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques used for the characterisation of battery raw materials (eg. XRD, TGA/DSC, ICP-MS, FT-IR, Raman, SEM, NMR, particle size analysis etc).
- Familiar with typical laboratory sample preparation tools (epoxy mounting, grinder/polisher, precision cutter, etc)
- Maintenance of characterisation equipment and housekeeping of the service records.
- Adapted to a dynamic working environment and skilful in multi-tasking.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Strong communications skills and work well in teams.
- Willing to learn about characterisation techniques and their operating principles, and subsequently apply them in daily works.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Experience in developing methods for the physical, structural, and compositional characterisation of materials and devices.
- An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of cells, qualitative and quantitative material properties characterization, and manufacturing processes related to cell engineering materials.
- Appreciation of relevant battery technology or battery products across the industry.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.