- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role
- You’ll be instrumental in building an environment management practice, in line with the global IT Business Application Services - Operations Catalogue, from the ground up.
- You’ll Influence global IT budget and investment decisions on tools and technology necessary for effective E2E environment management and will be able to communicate effectively with senior management. Providing an understanding and technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s E2E global environments, alongside managing environment strategy and architecture (roadmaps/heat maps) defined by SA/EA design requirements will be key to the success of this role.
- You will be working with third party vendors on the provisioning, quality and capability of integrated environments alongside third parties and partners as required.
- Understanding future trends, innovation and opportunities for enhancement to the Global IT application environment landscape will be something that comes naturally to you.
- Publishing and maintaining accurate release/dependency maps on environment usage across DevOps delivery methods, and routine MI on environment status, usage, licencing, compliance and capability will be something you’re comfortable doing regularly and accurately.
- You’ll be managing/coordinating release and quality controls over code changes to lower level environments (i.e Dev to QA).
About youYou’ll have a strong background of environment management across multiple vendors and platforms, implementing complex, large scale global environment strategies. Coupled with this, you’ll have had exposure to project management methodologies, change control standards, release and quality management and you’ll understand security principles and policies ensuring these are applied to the design of solutions.
You’ll be acting as a liaison between technical, functional and support functions both on and offshore and will have a proven ability to identify technology, functionality and methods that could be of significant benefit to Dyson and drive those through into successful implementation. You’ll have a full appreciation of Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies and strong experience of the full software delivery lifecycle, complex heterogeneous system environments and you’ll understand code merge and branch strategies.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.